• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

great pheasant hunt with the fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic.2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Dad and i went out today to hunt up some pheasant over his dog, my namesake , "sarge" (born while i was overseas).
It was a heavy flake snowstorm, making it fun to try and keep the flintlock operating once it got dirty, but it performed well, with only one flash in the pan that was my fault for letting the touch hole take a snowflake and then not picking the main charge.
we had a lot of fun, i dropped one clean, and might have touched another that dad also shot at, and our total for the day was four.

pheasant, butternut squash and garlic and herb pasta

When the springer has sprung,
all needs being done,

back with the cock,
to throw the sharp rock,

into the frizzen,
to the bird that has risen,

so it may grace my plate,
like our ancestors ate.

That sounds like a great day afield AM, congratulations!

(I hunted them on the farm in the Adirondacks when I was a boy but have lived down south since the 60's and haven't seen one since, LOL)

What a great post! Nice pics (including dog), good lookin' food, and a really nice poem.

Great to spend time hunting with your Dad. Enjoy the time. Mine is going on 91 now and even though he's in good shape for his age and hunted up until age 87, his time in the field is over now.

Excellent post, all round..congratulations. Good thing I had supper before looking at this! :thumbsup:

:hatsoff: Howdy and a great post.Congrats on the birds.Where ya from in N.Y? Griz

Thankyou for the comments and compliments tents. We had a blast. And it was my first success in the wing with my flinter

Im near hudson griz. Half hour south of albany

Thanks for posting cherish the time afield with your Dad. Mine passed when I was young and I can't even remember the last hunt we shared, but there were many I do remember. Thank You for your service as well.. :hatsoff:

Love the way your dog smiles for the camera. :grin:
My fondest memory is pheasant hunting with my dad in Ill. He past while I was only 14 and I was raised by my grandfather on the farm. Thanks for your service as well. :hatsoff:

What a great story and awesome result during your hunt. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your service from a fellow veteran.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.
Looks like a Britney I had named Thumper.
My father was in the air force I appreciate the time you spent in the service.

Latest posts

Back