• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great Video

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sure hope he passed on his knowledge.

Dave

Wallace is still building guns today. He was at the CLA in 2023. I got to see the gun he built in this video and meet him.
b023b8fd-a3b4-48bb-a586-d22e94ef5a36-1_all_12924.jpg

Sure hope he passed on his knowledge.

Dave

I have never seen this video before? Thanks for showing it! Being raised in a family with machinist in it I have seen how much knowledge and expertise it takes especially in making small parts. This fellow is a master metal worker!

Finished watching. Amazing how much labor involved. Especially the barrel. The narrator mentions 300 hours to make one gun. Figuring 10 hour days and six day weeks, that's five weeks to make just one gun. At today's typical labor rates for craftsman work, plus parts and supplies, I suppose you could easily figure on a cool $23K+ per gun.

Back