• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frontloader42

Pilgrim
Reaction score
A friend and member recommended that I join the group and maybe compete in your postal matches as well as contribute to the forums. I hope a Texan can join the group and be of benefit as well as learn also from all the members.

I have been building and shooting MLs since 1980. Competition and some hunting has me burning BP during the year. With hunting season upon us, I must admit I pick up the bow to pursue meat for the freezer.

For 9 months out of the year, our club's monthly and some state matches keeps me going. I have had a good time and a lot of fun with ML. And have enjoyed some success also. With the age of 62 coming upon me this month, I look forward to many more years of shooting. Plus I need to finish one rifle and restock another barrel. Just don't seem to have the time for all I want to do now days.

I will be cruising the forum each day looking for wisdom and knowledge from the members. A person is never to old to learn.

Ed

Welcome to the Forum, and happy (early) birthday. Sounds like you've got plenty of experiences to share w/ us. It's always nice to get a new member with many years of BP shooting under his/her belt. I've only been shooting BP for about 6 years, which gives you at least 18 years more experience! Pipe in OFTEN! I too am always willing and eager to learn. I wish you many more happy and successful years of shootin'. :thumbsup:
I hope a Texan can join the group and be of benefit as well as learn also from all the members.
Well, come November I'll be voting for a Texan for the highest office in this land..... :thumbsup:

Make way for Texas! Why heck, for the land that gave us Deaf Smith, Billy Dixon and Hood's Texans, there's always space. Welcome!

Gary

Thanks for the welcome all. Hope to be able to contribute as well as enjoy the fellowship of the forum. I have about a dozen forums I visit each day to increase my knowledge for the enjoyment of my hobbies. And this one with be on my list of ML sites to visit each day.

Frontloader42,
welcome to the forum glad you have joined
in. sounds like you have a lot to offer, and i hope you will do so. as you have probably seen this is a very friendly and informal forum.
again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :RO:

p.s. there is a rumor going around here in ohio that they play football in texas. any truth to this rumor??
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Welcome to a fellow Texan. I hope you were able to go to Brady and enjoy the rain at the fall shoot.

rayb

Rayb

My shooting buddy and I were not able to make it to Brady. Trying to start up a new deer lease and it has been a lot of work getting the camp up and going.

Once deer season is out of the way, then we can get back to smelling smoke. (We both bowhunt.) We will probably get to Brady for the Frost on the Cactus shoot. Unless something comes up again.

Welcome FL42,
I hate to say how long I been using ML's as others wonder why I know so little! Guess I'm a little slow?

God bless Texas! And their presidential candidate!
:thumbsup:

frontloader 42

Look me up in Feb Frost on Cactus..I'll be the one at the trap range who recycles all the clay targets cause i never hit any of them, except maybe with a stick when they're on the ground........

pull up a log and set a spell!! glad so see a fellow texan join the group.what part of texas do ya hail from? you will find a lot of opinions as well as pearls of wisdom on this forum including a good chuckle once in a while. tell me about this frost on the cactus event in febuary
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back