• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found the site while trying to find places to shoot after we move....and love it. Alot of folks from Pa know me well - I'm the nut in the "Hat" on the line. Most people know the hat & the laugh better than the name! Fell in Love with blackpowder when Hubby taught me to shoot (Yes I still use my middle finger for my trigger finger too!) in '95. Guess that makes me new at this, but it feels like all my life - after all what is there other than out there getting the guns dirty & competeing (with yourself as the main compatition - everything else is just the icying on the cake)?
So far the only shoots heard of near Homer, Alaska start after 10am & shoots for "an hour or so", here in N.E.PA. we start at 9am (Latest) and shoot till they make us stop! usually 4 or 5pm - will miss that!!
Will terribly miss all the events here! But hubby wants to spend the last couple years the docs give him in Alaska - hunting & fishing to his heart's content...so I gotta go...but Lord willing I'll be back to heckle these guys in the future....of coarse they might be happy I get to go pester the guys in Alaska now.....
Any one in the area should check out the links page on www.threadtheneedle.net for some of the great shoots around pa.
Respectfully Yours,
Sandy Thomas aka LadyHawk ::

Good Day and thanks for letting me add your link to our page...

Glad to have you here...

Ladyhawk: I certainly don't envy your reason for Alaska ,but do envy going.May You and Your husband have great enjoyment hunting and[url] fishing.In[/url] the meantime come sit by the fire.Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladyhawk (Sandy): I have a feeling it won't take you long to straighten out those folks up in Alaska. Why in no time I'm sure they will see the wisdom of stretching out their shoots to at least 2 hours, maybe even more.

Those Alaskans may wonder who the woman is who's walking up to the shooting line, but I know you will get their undivided attention when you proudly hold your trigger finger up high and blow the dust off of it.

Although I have never met you, I can tell you are the type of person who livens up the firing line or the party, making it more enjoyable for everyone, so welcome to the camp! It's great to have you here.

That being said, would you see what you can do to clean up that mess that ole Rollingb and his dog EagleEye left over there? All of those half eaten dog crunchies made a hell of a mess.:: :: (Just kidding)

Please do your best to visit us here as often as you can, and keep us informed of your whereabouts and of what you and your husband are up to. Weeuns keep a watch o'er our own, don't ye know?

Thank you so kindly, any of ya find your way up near Homer besure to give a call!! Lots of Land we'll have to pitch a tent for ya - the new snail mail addy will be on the website - when we move in late May or 1st of June. I do aggree w/ Gordy - I'm not pleased with the main reason God gave us to go, But if Hubby could go with one of those huge Halibits on the line, or with one foot on the Moose he just got..well, he will have made it to Heaven in he's eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And I hope none of our New Friends to Be in Alaska are not offened by any of my banter! Cause life is too short to not enjoy & too short to hold grudges! :eek:

Thanks again for the warm welcome! What a Great Forum!

Shoot staraight & have Fun

Back