• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ground blinds with a flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always turkey hunt out of the Ameristep doghouse blind. I have to set up shooting corner to corner, kinda diagonally to hide the 44 inch barrel on my fowler. I have set up with out the blind, but when I do I cut fresh limbs and hide the best I can. The blind is awesome, you can reprime, pick touch hole, wipe moisture off frizzen and flint if its raining. Its really unfair, cause turkeys have no idea your around. I have not deer hunted out of one yet.

T.O. said:
I have to set up shooting corner to corner, kinda diagonally to hide the 44 inch barrel on my fowler.
Same with my 42"x.45cal...then switching to the 38"x.62cal a few days ago found it's much more roomy.
Ideally (for me / my size) it would be great with a 6'x6' square base instead of it's current 5'x5' size...even as is, they're great and I'm hooked.

Back