• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ground Hog Shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Central Illinois, the Beaver population( the small furry animal kind, guys-cool your jets) has been " Back " for many years. We have them actually living in town, in drainage ditches. I have shown people the evidence of beaver cutting down small willow trees trying to grow along the banks of a ditch not half a mile from the Courthouse in Urbana, Illinois. I don't know of a river, or stream or ditch in the county that does not have beaver living in them. The dams are getting to be a nuisance to the farmers, of course, flooding low lands, and often appearing over night, to flood out corn crops, and some soybeans. At $15.00 per bushel( for beans), in fields that can yeild 60 bushels or more per acre, that is some expensive damage to the farmers, here. There is still not much of a market for the fur, however. Thank you PETA.

Greenmtnboy said:

I marmot(western woodchuck) hunt every fall for food and oil I use a 36cal blueridge with a Greenmtnbarrel I shoot 50 grns of ffg goex with a 350 ball. I go for head shots only, if I hit low I will lose meat as for a critter running off it's never happened.

Where do you hunt them in CO? When is the season on marmots? Thank you.

i've checked the regulations, this august i'll try some too.
some friends are going after elk in 55, 3rd rifle season. how is the elk population arround there? i go to visit friends in crested bute, never seen any, plenty of deer though.
thanks.

By third season the elk are run ragged and are hold up until migration snow, If there is no snow hunting will be cold and challenging, Two feet of snow and it will be a slaughter.
Marmot hunting around Gunnison is good, Great around the hippie town of Crested Butte for nobody hunts them up there except me.

that is what they've thought about elk too.

how is the blue grouse population in area where you hunt mrmtrs? i love that country around crstd bute, gunnison, taylor res, and will probably go for a couple of extended wekends on grouse, fishing and hogs in augst/ september.

how could they, they are snowboarding all winter, and the rest of the year are mostly stoned waiting for the wnter. :wink: :v

Back