• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

guided hunts.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to see the ad go to links and click on the one that says "Action adventures"In reading his info and while he is talking about his hunting grounds He clearly brags that his land borders on fedral land that noone gets to hunt because there is no public acess.That is stealing and braging about it.I do know how goofey the govt is when it comes to the forest.Up till I went off to the navy I was a GS-3 forestry aid Forest hill california Distrect 74.If you look at maps of most districts you see a checker bord pattern and the green squares are Govt land and white is private.Alot of it is old gold mines so owners wont swap but they will let you hunt mostley.The man who runs this operation Abvusely is blinded by the money as he couldent possobly give a damn about weather or not hunting stays alive for the public because some moron who cant read a compas will show up lay $1,500( or more) shoot his animal and thats it.It actuley is better for thees guys for hunting to be made difficult for the public because they can make it like it is in Germaney where it is verry expansive and they will only have the people with a fat wallet in the woods.That is whare hunting is headed.I dont mean to say that all guides are like that.I know a dove guide that makes it a point to take cliants to public lands with a little privat on the side.Now I am not down on guides Or land owners.But take a look at yellow stone.I have not been since I was 15 or 16 but I bet there is a star bucks in all the handy locations.That is what is in stor for hunting.The Govt will emminant domain thees areas so the guides cliants can grab a mocha latae after they shoot there animal.To the gentel man from Alaska, I have taken sevral dumps in the woods and no one has ever been able to find them.I burn my Ciggret buts or put them out and stick them in my pocket (wife hates it.)I reuse my plastic water bottles for Gar and carp fishing and if I damage somthing I make it known that I did it and will find the owner and tell him what happend or in the worst case I leave a note with the neighbor.

I have taken sevral dumps in the woods and no one has ever been able to find them.I burn my Ciggret buts or put them out and stick them in my pocket (wife hates it.)I reuse my plastic water bottles for Gar and carp fishing and if I damage somthing I make it known that I did it and will find the owner and tell him what happend or in the worst case I leave a note with the neighbor.

Mr. 3 Stinky Dogs,
Your conduct is to be commended. If others would have shown the same courtesy our property would not be posted today. We had no objection to others hunting our land (small as it may be) if only they had conducted themselves as you do. Would imagine you (and others like yourself) would be welcome most anywhere you might like to hunt. :imo:
Best Wishes

I would think so too ! But If I had been burned like others have I admit that It would be harde to give permission my self.I can see leasing property but any more its like hunting at the zoo.the deer and hogs are well fed and fenced in.I am looking in to the public land offerd here in texas and have found that I can get some decent hunting areas with my bow.

I hear ya...my happiest day was when I got out of Houston Texas and moved to where I could hunt free on public lands again and hunt for free range game (not penned, artificially fed tame herds). Be that as it may, my only experiences with guided hunts have been one good and one bad. Good: a friend got me an invite to hunt elk on a 33,000 ac private ranch in Colorado. A herd of wild elk migrated through it every year. The rancher 'guided' me to a good spot and I took a nice elk (5x5)after a long stalk. Bad: my then boss (and bird hunting pal) talked me into a guided pheasant hunt supposedly on private land in Nebraska. The idiot who showed up (late) did not have the hunting camp he advertised (we slept in a fleabag hotel in a dirt town nearby)and did not take us to private land. We hunted already scoured public lands and he shot the only bird that got up--plus he shot me from across a gully when the bird got up between us and I held fire to avoid hitting him!!!

Thank god for lots of lan bit to me it sounds like theft of public property.When I was 15 me and my brother took an old film projector from a the trash of the library.We were arested (in hand cuffs) infront of our parents and stuffed in a car and it led to 1 year of greef from my parents and had I not joined the navy I would have had to pay $100.00 to get it removed from my record.To me it seems like if I comited a crime dumpster diving and stealing the publics trash (a busted film projector) then stealing a few hundered acres of public land and bragging about it aught to have you shot.I am sorey I am suffering from texas syndrome.You cant hunt a squirl here with out paying $1500 a day or being a third genaration family frend.But that will soon change as I will be moving back twords happy hunting grounds.Alls the deer on thees ranches are out here are fancy cows any way fenced in and well fed,Hell alls you have to do is drive out in your fancy jeep with a deer stand attached and shoot your fancy cow and thats it.$1500 dollers well spent. :bull:you may as well go to the grocrie store and buy it or better yet just pay a rancher to shoot one of his beefies.At least you get what you pay for .I am ranting sorey.

Latest posts

Back