• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Cabinet for muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If this is the wrong forum for this question, I apologize.
Does anyone know where I can find a gun cabinet that will fit longrifles? A couple of mine are 56 inches or more. All the cabinets that I've found at Cabelas, Walmart, etc. will only about fit guns up to 50 inches.

FWIW I found an old machine /tool shop vertical tool cabinet on craigslist for 50 bucks. It is not a safe by any stretch of imagination, but it is made of heavier gauge metal than your typical StackOn ‘security’ cabinets. It also has locking bars at the top and bottom and then in the middle where a nice keyed lock goes.

It holds my Carolina smoothie with a 48” barrel, with room to spare!

Making my own is an option but I don't have a big enough shop. I could do it but it would be a bit tough. Perhaps I should think outside the box like Flint62Smoothie did. 🤔

This isn't a cabinet but your long rifles will be organized and standing tall, a member on this forum made this, I thought it was pretty cool, it's mounted to his wall, I am going to make something like this for my wall, I just haven't got around to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231126_182743_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231126_182743_Facebook.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231126_182629_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231126_182629_Facebook.jpg
    788.7 KB · Views: 0
When I was a trooper and assigned to a rural county all the seasoned officers, both state and county, warned me about a dangerous individual who'd been arrested numerous times. He can't be taken without a fight so call for help if you have time. Some months later that person came by my wife's spot at a flea market. I was helping out with the heavy stop. The "bad" dude came by. I'd never met him. He was obviously poverty stricken. Polite he was, not foul-mouthed. He was looking for a TV he could afford. We gave him one we had for sale. His gratitude was endearing. We ended up talking. When he learned I was a trooper he told me all of the run-,ins he'd had with the police, naming several county cops. Said there would have been no trouble or resistance if they had treated him with respect, but none ever had. Said he built furniture. I asked about a gun cabinet tall enough for longrifles and said he could make and deliver it without a down payment. His old truck pulled into my drive about 2 weeks later. Removing a quilt, there was a very pretty walnut cabinet with a glass door and hinged doors at the base for storage of possibles. I dreaded hearing the price, but turns out he didn't want nor would he take a penny, although I tried hard. He said he had never had an officer be respectful to him and he wanted to pay for the TV. I still have that cabinet.

A closet. Maybe a closet under the stairs. Anywhere. (consider heat and dampness) Put a strong door on it with heavy duty hinges. Dead bolt and a key lock. You might also have to reinforce the walls, especially if they are just sheetrock.

When I was a trooper and assigned to a rural county all the seasoned officers, both state and county, warned me about a dangerous individual who'd been arrested numerous times. He can't be taken without a fight so call for help if you have time. Some months later that person came by my wife's spot at a flea market. I was helping out with the heavy stop. The "bad" dude came by. I'd never met him. He was obviously poverty stricken. Polite he was, not foul-mouthed. He was looking for a TV he could afford. We gave him one we had for sale. His gratitude was endearing. We ended up talking. When he learned I was a trooper he told me all of the run-,ins he'd had with the police, naming several county cops. Said there would have been no trouble or resistance if they had treated him with respect, but none ever had. Said he built furniture. I asked about a gun cabinet tall enough for longrifles and said he could make and deliver it without a down payment. His old truck pulled into my drive about 2 weeks later. Removing a quilt, there was a very pretty walnut cabinet with a glass door and hinged doors at the base for storage of possibles. I dreaded hearing the price, but turns out he didn't want nor would he take a penny, although I tried hard. He said he had never had an officer be respectful to him and he wanted to pay for the TV. I still have that cabinet.
What a great story! Thats the way we should get along.

Back