• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunsmith recommendations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSmallTX

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been gathering pieces for a TC Seneca and have two barrels that each need some work. One has a stuck nipple - I've tried everything - no luck. The other barrel needs a new breach plug. Does anyone have a gunsmith recommendation for this kind of black powder work? I'd prefer someone in the Dallas / Fort Worth or Tulsa / Oklahoma City areas, but would be willing to mail them where ever. I've thought about contacting TC to see if they do this kind of work. Considering the nature of the work needed I wouldn't be wanting it done as "warranty" work. Many thanks in advance for any recommendations / contact information. John

John,
I agree with Paul, send them back to TC. The stuck nipple may not be anything that can't be taken care of relativley easily but not the breach plug. TC uses a crazy unavailable thread(11/16 X 20) and most gunsmiths won't touch them. TC will not sell their breach plugs due to the insurance factor and the jeopardy they may face if someone messes one up and someone is hurt. Their warranty is a good one,Contact them and they will tell you how and where to ship it to.
Mark

Back