• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

H&A Underhammer .36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first ML rifle (1970)was an original H&A underhammer in .36. It was the deluxe Heritage model with nice wood and a tang peep sight. Not knowing any better, a friend and I made a sorta conical mold from brass stock and cast our own bullets. With them the H&A would shoot 1" groups at 100 yds all day. It a fit of poverty I sold it off many years ago, but wish I still had it.

Probably the biggest promoter of underhammers today is Bruce Lingenfelter, Washington state. He has a web site www.underhammers.com

He sells and builds everything from pea shooters to 4 bore shoulder busters.

I bought a special large 1 3/8" 4140 milled steel action from him to build my .72 / 12 bore underhammer. Someday I'll post a picture of my .72 underhammer resting on the back of a wild boar that dropped in its tracks when smacked by a 550 gr round ball.

There's just something about an underhammer. They always seem to attract attention at the gun range.

Latest posts

Back