• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Had My Chance

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I had my chance to take a deer with my muzzle loader and blew it! First time I had pointed a gun at a deer in 40 years. Dammed if I didn

Buck Feaver, been down that road before... :winking:

BUCK FEAVER
buck%20fever.jpg

The good news is that you got it out of the way so you'll be ice cold and solid next time.

Never fails, the first deer of the season, buck or doe, I'm in the close presence of gets me flustered and my heart races. After that one (which may or may not involve deciding to shoot) I'm calm and steady.

I figure if it ever gets to be ho-hum routine and I don't get flustered it will be time to quit.

Go get 'em.

I'm a basket case when I line up on the first buck of a season...have to talk to myself the whole time...then it gets 'better' as the season goes on, but I doubt the difference could be measured !!
::

yep i agree with stumpkiller
next time their jedi mind games will not work on you LMAO
:results:

Sounds like you have a great time.... be thankful for a clean miss.

My brother has seen a lot of deer this year, 4 of them shooters.... He shoots a 270 and killed one at 120 yards, the other 3 he missed at ranges closer than 25 yards. He just falls to pieces when they get that close. He's shot twice over them and once under them. I'm building him a 54 caliber next year with iron sights. Weatherby 270 with scope... what a sissy.

SP

What would the hunt be without the excitement, only to kill something. I think it would not be much. Thank the good Lord above for the Spirit and thrill of the hunt.

Good luck next time!
Wess

ahhhhhhh bob not the gopher again LMAO
hes even teasin ya by showing you his butt LMAO
whats the Monty python saying MMM farting in your prompt direction. :crackup: :crackup:

Mmmm I wonder if that one of them does that have horns things ????? :hmm:
Im sorry bud just givin you a bad time ,, don

I missed mine too but it was a cow elk that took me three years to draw a tag for my unit in CO for ML season right in my own back yard. Sit at a water hole for three hours and nothing came out. Was running out of light and headed back to the truck. Wouldn't you know that just where I had been sitting for the last three hours two cow elk walked out right where I had been sitting. Went at a dead run accross rocks and :sorry: through willows for about 1/4 of a mile and got to where I could make the shot and watched the ball go right underneath her belly at about 150 yards just a hair far for the ol 54.

Bob....
If you win the rifle raffle... hmm... you mind I I drive up and hand deliver it to ya for the late Muzzleloader season? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

SP

Next time........

Next time you slip into a meadow you'll be more careful on the trigger.
Aim aim aim squeeeeeeeeze........ BOOM= deer meat :)
Good luck!

There will always be another time... I have found that as the years pass by the memories of the deer I saw but did not kill for one reason or another eclipse the memories of the ones hanging on the wall...

Slowpoke, You better buy a non-resident hunting license first because Bob will fill obliged to take you with him to show you how well his Christmas present works.
Zman

Back