• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Half Stock Heavy Barrel Just Arrived Pics!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This ole rifles barrel is built like a tank! She needs work, and love but she is a beauty outta the box!

Saw it had to have it! Here we go!

fullview.jpg

sidelock2.jpg

sidelock.jpg

muzzle2.jpg

muzzletight.jpg

The lock needs work, stock does too. For the price I paid who cares! This one will shoot again! The barrel is superb!

Looks like too much work for you to get it back to shooting condition. Just send it to me and I will get to it one of these days..... :pA real beauty. Love the crown on the muzzle. Looks like a new ramrod will be needed, too. I would guess that you have a shooter!!! :front:

Son, you has got a dandy candidate for a chunk gun there, yessir, I'd say ye has! What caliber is it? .58, .62? It's a doozy! Are you shore you need it? They's a feller up here in WV could use one like that.
:thumbsup:

Wow! neat southern rifle! The bore looks new? Is this a relatively recently made rifle? The butt end looks old and the barrel looks new to me.....?

I'm jealous, H.P. :boohoo:
:front:

Don't be jealous!

I can share more pics ranger :haha:

If only i had started collecting old guns 15 years ago! I am living proof, that there is deals to be had.

Turn over enough stones, and you will find something!

I have only just begun this blackpowder journey.

My centerfire journey led me to 12 m1 Garands, 5 m1 carbines, 4 m1a's various pistols and much more!

I find this more intersting than before, which could be a problem :haha: I still have my gun vault which is going to run out of room once again!

I should've collected more back 20 years ago when I was reenacting! I had to pass some good deals up because I didn't have enough cash. Once I start my new job, maybe I can set a little more aside so I can do some shopping! Have fun with those pieces you bought. That big halfstock looks like it will be a hoot to shoot. I'd swear in that picture that muzzle looks like a howitzer!
:thumbsup:

Other than fixing the lock, I'd leave it alone. Looks neat that way and has a lot of character. Most everyone has a gun that looks almost new.

Hank

Other than fixing the lock, I'd leave it alone. Looks neat that way and has a lot of character. Most everyone has a gun that looks almost new.

Hank

Hank,

That is my intention, to get her shootable, and scare some a them hunters :crackup:

just a joke!

Know any place that can fix the sear on the lock??

MB,

This is a little bit off the subject of your particular gun, but I notice that some of the other folks talkin' about guns they wish they'd bought or hadna sold, so here goes: there's a fella lives not too far from me who's in his 50s, started buying guns in his teens or 20s and has every gun he ever bought--and he's got lotsa bucks. He doesn't have a gun safe, he has an entire room in his house that's fulla guns. Don't we all wish we were that smart or that rich....?
:shocking:
Jerry Oliver

The browning on the barrel looks superb! Excellent buy! Let us know how she shoots :thumbsup:

The browning is!

Here is the score!

The breech plug need reset. The tumbler on the lock is toast, I will get the parts and repair. She is a project, and thats what I like anyway! I just don't care for perfect stuff to much :haha:

Latest posts

Back