• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hammer-Nipple alignment on Blue Ridge Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prairieofthedog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just bought a new Blue Ridge Rifle.The bottom of the hammer barely clears the bottom of the nipple edge.Can I try to tighten the drum just a tad to get my hammer-nipple centered.Or should I not try it,rifle is new so I assume drum is tight.I don't need to turn it much.Did not notice this until I got it home,they had the hammers and triggers all zip-tyed.Thanks.

My answer to you would be to return it and get one that has the hammer positioned correctly. DO NOT try to rotate the drum - this will change the hammer face to the nipple face and you will create another problem. Just my "two cents". :v

On a kit or used rifle I would suggest heating and bending the hammer, but on a new one I would send it back! :idunno: :idunno:

Ohio Ramrod,I don't think they will help me out.It was a new rifle but was in the Bargain Cave,it had a few dings.They are not going to change it out for a new one. I think it will fire fine,it just bugs me.I don't know why they let that stuff leave the factory that way.I guess if the nipple is anywhere inside the hammer I guess they think its allright LOL!

Prairieofthedog said:
Ohio Ramrod,I don't think they will help me out.It was a new rifle but was in the Bargain Cave,it had a few dings.They are not going to change it out for a new one. I think it will fire fine,it just bugs me.I don't know why they let that stuff leave the factory that way.I guess if the nipple is anywhere inside the hammer I guess they think its allright LOL!

Don't be so quick to sell them out. I would carry it back to them. When it comes to firearms I would bet they might be liable for any mechanical problems on a new rifle. I would explain after telling them that. This is why I brought it back to you as this is a mechanical problem not a scratch and ding. I would suggest to them that if they didn't want to warranty it out that you would be of a mind to just accept the money for a replacement lock. Have the paperwork with you showing the replacement lock and its cost. You might be surprised how quick they take you up on this idea!

Latest posts

Back