• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hammocks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made three and tried them.

One out of a cheap painters tarp that had seam it failed on the seam.

I made one from a heavier canvas painters tarp 4x12 used 3/8 sisal rope for the suspenion it worked very well and gave a nice lay.

I made another from a cotton bedsheet and it worked well and packed down quite small.

I couldn't trust a bed sheet to hold me up! :haha:

I would be pretty leery of cotton at all, myself. Very weak fiber. I'd be happy with a mid-weight linen. :wink:

It is a heavy weight bed sheet very strong.
I had it outside for about two months, it held up remarkably well. It got rained on and everything.
I hung it about a foot off the ground ..just in case. I weigh about 1,575,000 grains. :grin:

I found this civil war era sketch

hammock_zps73502d04.jpg

Back