• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Happy Young Man

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpottedBull

40 Cal.
Reaction score
About a month or so ago, I posted pictures of a bag that I made destined for a young man that was being given his first muzzleloading rifle. A couple of guys stepped up and added to that outfit with a powder horn and an antler powder measure! Many thanks go to those two gentlemen! Here is a picture of that young man with his new kit, including a shirt made for him by my wife.

AronMonney_zps6b2ea644.jpg

I believe that he is around 14. We try to bless worthy young men as often as we can...and appreciate all those that wanna chip in.

Thats what makes this hobby/lifestyle so amazing...the people!

14! That was my guess. I too was about 14 when I finally collected my first gear. Great stuff there. we can't have enough young people join us. Congrats, Rick. :thumbsup:

i have a neck knife and butcher knife i made where do i send? if he likes he can keep if not maybe he can trade for ones he does

Good on you guys! You may never know what a difference you made in his life. Thanks for the update. :hatsoff:

:hatsoff: Good job wish I had an outfit like that at his age! What am i saying, I wish I had one now. Lol

I don't even my my great plains kit yet, but this community here makes me feel better and better about mankind :) That kid is going to grow up to be a better human due to people showing all of the kindness. I'll tell ya if someone had taken me shooting as a kid, they would have been a HUGE influence on my life. I got my shooting from boyscouts, and to this day when I am at the range shooting my .22 rifles, I will often have "flashbacks" of the summer camp range. They are so vividly imprinted in my memory,they shall never fade :)

If I had anything to offer this young man, I would offer it up! But I need to get my own stuff, lol!

Spotted Bull, I have a Fort Meigs belt axe I will give him if you would make a belt cover for it so he won't get cut. PM me an address.

You guys are amazing! PM sent.

Another thing that we like to do for the young bucks (those under 18 years of age)in our ministry is to have what we call a young buck blanket at our first campout of the year. All the old timers make or purchase PC items the boys might need and then donate them to this blanket. The boys take turns walking by the blanket and picking up things that they need to get their kit going. I have seen some big blankets and only a few guys going through get a lot of gear...then there are times when the opposite is true. I try to make at least 2 or 3 bags each year to put on it.

Great stuff Spotted Bull. Our kids truly are our future. I really like what your doing. I just recently donated one of my rifles to a young man. I hope it gets him involved in blackpowder shooting for the rest of his life. I'm certain that you have had a profound influence on that young mans life.

Jeff

Back