• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from a new member !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinnconner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy! I am new to this forum.I just found out about it in my new copy of muzzle loader magazine.I read some of the posts and you all seem like a great bunch to know!I hope that I can ask some questions and maybe help answer other peoples questions if I can.
I took my user name from a local myth or legend "Black Jack of the Juniata". The juniata river flows past right outside my back window here in south -central, Pa.It flows and later becomes Raystown Lake.I have been into muzzle-loading and black powder since about 1986.I guess I am starting to become an old-timer.I like building and shooting my own muzzle-loaders and going to rondevous and re-enactments.I am happy to meet you all and I am going to try to talk some of my buddies into joining up.We used to talk on muzzleloader magazine forum until it crashed.

Welcome Jack!

Tell all your old crew from Muzzleloading Mag forum that the coffee is always on here and there are logs to sit for all at this camp.

Just remember: no biting, no knives to be used in a discussion, and don't knock another fella's (or fellette's) firearm unless you've seen 'em shoot it.

Keep it light, keep it honest, and always give someone the benefit of the doubt that he was joshin 'ya whenever you read something that sets yer hackles up. We have a few rascals here what like to put burrs under yer blankets just to see if you are payin attention.

(And don't mention in-lines around Maxiball 'cause he used to own one and he's still feeling guilty about that).

Now, Stump, Ah hopes ye ain't a callin me a raskel. Ye knows how Ah haits it whan ye start a usin em words Ah dont unnerstand.

Jack, Welcome to you. Bring your friends too.
This is the best Black Powder Muzzleloading site on the web and we always are more than happy to have more join in.
As you may have noticed, the format is rather friendly and layed back, just like your among old friends (which you are).

Rest easy Zonie. A fine unsavory rapscallion and mountebank like yourself is head and shoulders above them others I was referring to as rascals.

I'm pretty sure Claude took the jug with him on his trip 'cause I don't find in nowhere hereabouts. I hope Musketman ain't using it as a chamberpot agin.

Hey Juniata Jack. Tell ol' Audie 'bout this place. His kind of "stuff" would be most welcome here.
All the best,
John in Coos Bay

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome.I was at a rondevous with Audie last weekend.We had a great time buyin supplies and lookin at all the beatiful plunder that I cant afford.We need to see if we can get Fiddle-sticks on here to.I really like the way this forum is seperated into the different catagories.You fellers all have a great weekend !
J.J.

Back