• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got into muzzleloaders about five years ago, but only modern in-line. I enjoy my T/C Encore as it is a reliable hunting tool, but it is only a tool to me. My wish is to get into muzzleloading as a hobbie with a more traditional platform. I still haven't narrowed down a rifle to purchase, but I have learned a lot so far from this forum. Right now I am leaning to acquiring a full stock flintlock rifle that won't break the bank because I don't want to make rookie mistakes on a premium ML. I look forward to learning more from the wealth of knowledge on here. Hopefully in the future I can return the favor.
Greetings Madison county from Hardin county!

Thanks for the information. I saw there is one in Darbyville, which is only about a twenty minute drive for me. Is anyone on here part of "Bill Moose Muzzleloading Gun Club" in Darbyville, Ohio?
the NMLRA magazine, "MuzzleBlasts" has a list of ML clubs in each state--Ohio has more than nearly any other state. You may want to check, there may be a couple near you, which could be a great place to get started and meet others of like interest and more experience.

I got into muzzleloaders about five years ago, but only modern in-line. I enjoy my T/C Encore as it is a reliable hunting tool, but it is only a tool to me. My wish is to get into muzzleloading as a hobbie with a more traditional platform. I still haven't narrowed down a rifle to purchase, but I have learned a lot so far from this forum. Right now I am leaning to acquiring a full stock flintlock rifle that won't break the bank because I don't want to make rookie mistakes on a premium ML. I look forward to learning more from the wealth of knowledge on here. Hopefully in the future I can return the favor.

Shoot at both :
"Bill Moose Muzzle loading Gun Club" in Darbyville, Ohio .. great times at the - Old timers shoots.
"Columbus Muzzle loading Gun Club" in Darbydale ,Ohio (665).

Welcome to the addictively involving end of shooting BP, from SW OH.
Take your time; listen to the advice here; choose well.
It sounds like you are doing it logically; when a rifle fits & speaks to your gut, you will have found the one.

Back