• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hello from upstate ny

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade Dan

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from upstate NY. My name is Dan Wyman, and its an absoloute honor to be here. I started shooting black powder about 3 years and own a 50 cal. t/c renegade, what a joy to shoot. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends on this forum.

What part of upstate NY?
I lived and worked in Rochester area and Albany area. Grewup in the southern tier.
I too am new here but not to muzzle loading have been a stuffer for almost 40 years off and on.

Renegade Dan,
Welcome to the MLF,great to
have you with us.Visit often and contribute
when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

I live 20 minutes from rochester, and I hunt in the southern tier. small world isn't it. how are things in new mexico?

Howdy Renegade!

I've got a Renegade 50 myself and a Hatfield 50 along with a 50 cal Lyman pistol and an 1860 Army 44. Have several cannon and have used the blackpowder for 50 years for various and sundry jobs and entertainment!

Welcome!! :thumbsup:

Hey Silas Deane
Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm glad to hear you own a Hatfield rifle, because I am deciding if I should purachase one at my local gun shop. it's a 50 cal. percussion rifle. I'm thinking of using my renegade as part of the trade. I would like to hear your input on the Hatfield rifle. all I know is the company went out of business back in 1996.

Welcome RD. I've hunted the southern tier and some areas right close to Rochester for years and carried a muzzleloader instead of a shotgun per NYS law.These days I hunt the Adirondacks way too often and don't get much to the south.. Glad to have ya

Back