• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello the camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Been reading the posts here for a couple months now, and finally decided i should introduce myself. My name is Rod. I am 50 yrs. old, goin' on 80 it feels like at times. Been into ML'ers for over 30 years now. I presently have a Navy Arms double barrel caplock .12 ga, and a North Star West .62 cal. flintlock smoothbore. Over the years i have had about every type of ML'er there is, except for the Dreaded (Inline). Never could take a cotton to them. Anyway, it appears there a real nice bunch of knowledgable people here, so i figure i'll stick around fer a spell if'n y'a ll will have me. Take care, and watch yer backtrail.

Well it looks like you got some lost ground to cover. I have been meaning to put together one of Curly G.'s trade guns since The Book of Buckskinning didn't have a number in the title. Shows what happens when you put things off too long. I understand things are in good hands with the 'new' folks at North Star West.

We're planning on having the First Annual M/L Forum Flintlock In-Line Target Shoot this summer . . . iffin we can find an in-line fer the target. I been following red Chevy pick-em up trucks, waiting fer one to corner fast and have the in-line slip outta the cab gun-rack. No luck yet (been too cold - they're keepin the windows shut). Shoot Booshway will be "Flintshooter_In_Indiana"

Welcome Rebel,

Glad to have aboard. Sounds like you should have some good experiemces to spin a tale about.

Dang, I was wonderin' who's been following me & my truck around!

Keep Yer Powder Dry Fellers,
"The Chuckster" ::

Rebel Welcome to the camp, I feel the same way about those inlines too. I have one of each rifle, T/C 50cal Flintlock and a T/C 54cal perc. Haven't gotten to shoot a double barrel .12 ga Shotgun yet. Sounds like fun. I Still have plenty of time, I'm 53 going on 6. I got rid of cancer 6 years ago. So lets party. Enjoy yourself at the camp. There's always something going here. I think it's the best place on the web. Take care, Steve :)

Welp...you 'n me would be powerful close to the same age....I turned 51 back in February, (I understand that "80" thing), and we've been burnin' charcoal about the same amount of time....I started back in '76. Welcome to the board, lots of good folks hyar 'bouts.....and whar ye hail from? Yer profyl don' say nuthin' 'bout thet.....

Vic

I live about 18 miles out of Klamath Falls, Oregon. We live on 300 acres that borders a few thousand acres of BLM land. Have a river right across the street. Good deer, duck and goose hunting. Also some doves, rabbits and quail. Have been using the double barrel .12 ga. for my wingshooting for a few years now, but now that i have the North Star West .62 smoothbore, i intend to give it a try on some of the flying, as well as 4 legged critters. Sure want to try it out on deer and elk. Just got it back last night from having a friend install a new Chambers White Lightening vent liner in it for me. Should be a lot more reliable now since when he was working on it he found that the vent hole hadn't been drilled correctly on it, and the breech plug was covering most of the vent hole. He fixed that problem for me too, so i should get some fast ignition with her now. Will find out as soon as it quits blowing and raining and snowing here so i can get out and try her out.

Back