• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhorse1955

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I purchased this Pistol many years ago [cheap] and it was missing the ramrod. The barrel is marked Jukar, Spain along with the Serial number. There are no other markings that I could find. I replaced the ramrod with a piece of brass and tipped it with a piece deer horn as a "ball pusher". I threaded the other end to accommodate a 'T' handle to assist with loading. It's 45 cal and 15 1/2" overall in length. The barrel itself is about 8 1/2" long. To date I have not shot it.

Can anyone identify this pistol? You can't see it in the photo but it has no sights and I was wondering if it is a repro dueling pistol of some type?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Marv

Redhorse,

Looks like a Tower repro. CVA made them for a while after Jukar did. Since been discontinued but Deer Creek still makes them in kit form. Lack of sights makes them difficult to shoot accurately.

Don

cant identify, might be useful at close range in a pinch. Ill give you 40 bux for it plus shipping if you want to sell it. The jukars (junkars) are pretty common and are nothing fancy, but they do go off.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll keep it. I'm one of those who rarely sell a gun once they get it. Took it out after my original post and didn't do too bad at about 20 yards with it [25 grains of Pyrodex "P"]. Can't say I did any kind of consistant groupings but I kept the shots within an 8 1/2 x 11 target. Both of you are right... no sights make it real difficult for any kind of accuracy.
Guess I'll make it a wall hanger and bring it out to shoot as a "noise maker" occasionally or use it as a "dispatch" weapon while hunting.

Thanks for the responses... Marv :hatsoff:

Don is right in what the pistol is. They were not a high end gun, but not that bad either & alot of people like the looks of them, so it's worth alot more than you paid for it. Good find I'd say! :hatsoff:

Thomas

Back