• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help - Looking for Flintlock tang screw help or a gunsmith

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good information there Flint62Smoothie.

The impact driver will do the job along with the penetrating oil IF you can get the screwdriver bit to fit the slot well and keep the bit in there when hitting the driver. You can also use a drill press to put downward pressure on the bit while you manually turn the chuck or pully. I like the impact driver method myself.:thumb:
As the stock breaks when you hit the impact. These things are fragile.

As the stock breaks when you hit the impact. These things are fragile.
You have a very pessimistic attuite with most people's replies to most subject matters. I am surprised that you can get any work done except for picking suggestions apart. If the OP has trouble using simple tools, then he should not try using this method. Have you had personal experience with this method? It is very obvious from your statement to most that you have not. Now - I will wait for your senseless reply which you can not resist to reply to my comment with - more useless confrontational banter from you Mr. Pessimism.

You have a very pessimistic attuite with most people's replies to most subject matters. I am surprised that you can get any work done except for picking suggestions apart. If the OP has trouble using simple tools, then he should not try using this method. Have you had personal experience with this method? It is very obvious from your statement to most that you have not. Now - I will wait for your senseless reply which you can not resist to reply to my comment with - more useless confrontational banter from you Mr. Pessimism.
I’ve already seen your snarky replies and answers to people. I was at an event today where people’s behavior on this forum was brought up. Good bye.

Latest posts

Back