• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with Colt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I just fired a new Pietta™ 1860 1860 Army 5-3/8" .44 Half Fluted Army Black Powder Revolver from Taylor & Co. When removing the cylinder, the wedge assembly clip comes out, despite the retaining screw. A bad wedge assembly clip from Pietta? Suggestions?​

I just fired a new Pietta™ 1860 1860 Army 5-3/8" .44 Half Fluted Army Black Powder Revolver from Taylor & Co. When removing the cylinder, the wedge assembly clip comes out, despite the retaining screw. A bad wedge assembly clip from Pietta? Suggestions?​

Many will do that. Maybe a new wedge would fix it, maybe not. Even with CNC machines tolerance stacking can rear it’s head…

When I clean my Uberti Colts in the kitchen sink, I always make sure the drain strainer is in place to prevent the wedge from falling off and going down the drain. You could fit a small washer under the screw head to better hold the wedge. A little blueing on the washer and it would be hard to notice.

The problem with the Pietta wedge is the nib sticks out past the end of the wedge instead of right at or just before the end . . . so, it falls out. Compare theirs to a Colt, Uberti, or anybody else's. They can fix the arbor but still can't make a wedge right !! 🤣

Mike

When I clean my Uberti Colts in the kitchen sink, I always make sure the drain strainer is in place to prevent the wedge from falling off and going down the drain.

I also do that with the cones.

FYI I did gap checks on the two ROAs, they came in at .006.

Many will do that. Maybe a new wedge would fix it, maybe not. Even with CNC machines tolerance stacking can rear it’s head…
Make a wedge without a spring, that's what I do and they work and stay put perfectly with the standard keep screw.

Attachments

• IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 0
Back