• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with Info on a Knifemaker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyote_Kyle

32 Cal
Reaction score
Earlier this year, I got this small fixed blade razor in trade at my first FCF Rendezvous. It was made by Don Heyder aka Scrimshaw Dan aka Laughing Grasshopper. The person I got it from said Heyder's work is well revered and he is no longer with us. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this man or seen anything made by him. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Be careful sharpening the knife. Aggressive sharpening will cause the thin edge to rapidly disappear. I had one. Dixie used to sell the razors from Pakistan for $2. They worked fine with careful honing.

Back