• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with stuck bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesson #2 - on the range last week, shot a great target with Bwana Wife’s Express rifle after getting the rear sight filed down and i moved back to 35 yards. I decided to swab out the bores first.

Here’s where inattention struck: the weapon was on it’s left side on the table. I load left first and the right, every time. So i ran a wet patch down the left barrel, followed by a dry patch down the right barrel. Surrounded by a cloud of doom, i began to tug and then jerk on the range rod i’d built 20+ years ago with the screw-on tips.

Hint: Always pin your ramrod ends.

I even tried running a ball puller down into the base of the tip but couldn’t get the screw to take a bite into the brass. Sigh. So out comes the nipple and in goes a trickle of powder. Took two tries but when the tip/jag/patch projectile left, that .54 jag was whistling “Farewell, Amanda” through the grooves!

Or maybe i imagined that... so then i was out of time and the 35 yard target is as yet unperforated, a condition i will remedy yet today.

P.S. had a Traditions ramrod fail yesterday - brand new, pressed-on and unpinned tip. Had to pull the nipple, trickle and shoot that one too, but i got the jag back. Flared out the rod tip like the skirt of a minie ball.

Pin your rod tips, and have a smokey day!

don
Brass range rods with T handles are your friend!!

Back