• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

help!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D Hoffman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
my son bought a dixie gun works Tower pistol for $100 [I know lucky little bast**d] brand new this is from 1976 or so I found it in my 1976 Dixie catalog. the hammer needs to be re adjusted when itis fired it looks like its on 1/2 cock I workon my flinter but any info onthis would be helpful thanx

Might want to re-think lucky. The Tower pistols Dixie was selling back then were produced in Japan by Miroku (Ultra-Hi). They were questionable to say the least. I have a pair of them and only shoot them on occasion and with light loads.

In 1971, I bought a kit for one of these for $12.79. It came with a free bag of case hardening compound because Turner (Dixie's owner) knew the frizzen was too soft to spark. (He said as much in the ad.) This was the second one I had owned, and we did have fun shooting them. It is probably best to hang on the wall, or if you can fix it, go ahead. I would not spend much money on it, however.

He researched all that before he bought the gun,it sparkes fine will be better when i adjust the hammer and work on the mainspring.Gun is brand new still had grease on the lock and barrel still say he's lucky. New horse pistol for rendevouz and I can fix it while he fixes my car

Latest posts

Back