• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here I am!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Dumb

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I just joined the forum and want to say hi. I am retired and just started collecting rifles last year. I took my wife to her first gun show last month and she saw a Kentucky style muzzleloader. It actually brought tears to her eyes. I was amazed. Her attitude toward my other rifles was from ambivalent to mild interest, but nothing personal. She was surprised at herself. An event like this warrents investigation, so here I am: another world to explore and another language to learn.

Glad to have you stop by, hope you enjoy it here. Come to think about it my wife had tears in her eyes too when I brought home my first flintlock, but think it was when she saw the price tag she started to cry. Oh well it is beter to ask for forgivness then to ask for permission. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :front::thumbsup:

Free Dumb,
Welcome to the forum glad to have
you on board. Hold onto that lady we all need or have
one exactly like her. Hope you will join in and contribute
whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :) :peace: :thumbsup: :)

Welcome to the Forum.
Did you hand her a hankie and and grab the check book? You could tell her it would be "her" gun. :crackup: :front:

Actually, "telling her it would be her gun" is exactly what I had in mind. I hadn't gotten that far. I had only told myself that I was looking for a rifle for her. And I really am! I don't get a huge amount of resistance about buying guns. I am only reminded that we are moving to Arkansas as soon as we can afford it and that buying more rifles isn't getting us there any quicker. True, but there are so many rifles that I don't have yet. I just want one (of each). We have 40 acres in Pyatt waiting for us and I really want to get something built on it so we can move. I just know that a muzzleloader will look more appropriate in the Ozarks. I can see my wife standing in silhouette on a knoll overlooking the property with her long rifle planted by her side and a couple squirrels hanging from her belt. She is just going to love this!

so here I am: another world to explore and another language to learn.

Muzzleloaders are old school, they are the reason we're here...

Welcome to the forum...

I can see your wife's "honey-do" list now...

1. paint the living room
2. clean out the basement
3. buy me that Kentucky style muzzleloader
4. fix the sink's drain

Welcome Free Dumb - glad to have you aboard.
That wife of yours - - as Louis L'Amour would say, "What a woman!"

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Welcome Free Dumb. How can one not like a name like that?

Invite the wife over here too and I'm sure she'll be a mite bit more particular about her moniker. ::

Big question, did you buy her the long rifle yet? Better yet, the both of you can take a class together to build your own. I hope to meet you guys at Conner Prairie or somewhere like that.

Gary

That's odd my wife didn't have tears in her eyes when I brought home my first flintlock, but she did when I brought home the last one.

Back