• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hey im thinking about percussions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i was thinking about geting this to put togather tell me if it will be ok ill try to post the picture i dont know if i can well thanks guys i cant post a pic but here is the description

Kentucky Rifle Kit
By - Traditions
The Kentucky Rifle matches classic beauty with outstanding performance. The octagonal barrel is rifled 1 in 66" twist for patched round ball loads. The long sighting plane between the blade front sight and fixed notch rear adds precision shooting accuracy. The color case-hardened lock features a V-type mainspring for fast lock time. The full length two-piece hardwood stock supports a .50 caliber 33 1/2" white barrel that has a 1 in 66' twist with fixed/blade sights, solid brass furniture, crisp hunting trigger, authentic wooden ramrod. It is 49" overall and weighs 7 pounds. Comes with shooting loading and cleaning instructions.

Description Order No. Price Order Now
Kentucky Rifle - Percussion
.50 Caliber 553-5220
$199.00

Sounds good to me,that was the gun i was deciding on getin but i got the lyman trade.But yea its only $199 and you can make it urself it will be a nice inexpencive way to get a bp gun.

i was thinking about that riffle or one of these pistols can you deer hunt with a .45or.50cal pistol i want to build my own guy im not sure if i want the pistol or riffle i have 2 shot guns and a muzzle loader i might get one of the pistols they are cheaper and i dont have a pistol thanks

Kentucky Pistol Kit
By Traditions
A classic post-Revolutionary sidearm, from the bird's head grip to the fixed tang to the brass ramrod thimbles and color case-hardened side-lock. This is truly a pistol-kit to please the black powder shooter and collector alike. Whether a die-hard reenactor or just a weekend enthusiast, this pistol-kit is for you. Kit comes with select hardwood stock, .50 caliber 10 inch barrel with a 1 in 20 twist, fixed blade sights, single trigger. It is 15 inches overall and weighs 2 lb. 8 oz.

Kentucky Pistol Kit - Percussion
.50 Caliber 53-5060
$139.95
Out Of Stock
Factory Backorder

Pioneer Pistol Kit
By Traditions
This Pistol Kit has the classic styling of pre-Revolutionary arms, and allows you to get the full experience of assembly. Get an intimate knowledge of the design and function of this percussion pistol.This pistol kit allows you to become fully aware of how the finished product functions. Once assembled properly, the Pioneer's octagonal barrel with fixed tang, blackened hardware and German silver furniture make this a distinctive shooter or display piece. Both authentic and accurate. Kit comes with select hardwood stock, .45 caliber 9 5/8 inch barrel with a 1 in 16 twist, fixed blade sights, single trigger. It is 15 inches overall and weighs 1 lb. 15 oz.

Pioneer Pistol Kit - Percussion
.45 Caliber 53-4265
$139.00

Watch'n you two youngsters discuss'n traditional guns like this,.... sure makes my old heart feel good!! :applause: ::

I'll share a liddle information thet ain't in the descriptions yore read'n.

The Traditions rifle yore talk'n about, is made in Spain, and the barrels are usually very accurate shooters (for the money).
The locks are called "Maslin" locks, and have a "screw adjustment" for sear-engagement on the "back-side" of the lock.

These rifles have a single-trigger thet will serve you youngsters well fer hunt'n, or, targit shoot'n.

The atteractive part of these rifles of course, is the price.
The "kit" will be a good experience for a youngster to understand how the more expensive rifles function,.... thet alone is almost worth the $199.00 price of the kit!!

Yore Most Humble Servant!!
rollingb

Watch'n you two youngsters discuss'n traditional guns like this,.... sure makes my old heart feel good!! :applause: ::

glad to see you boys so interested in more traditional m/ls and any help needed will be gladly given by any of us members. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :RO:
as for your question ,many of us started with a cva hawken percussion ,myself included ,i cant say much about a traditions since i never owned one.i would also suggest getting a .50 or.54 cal they are more suited for deer.
as for hunting with a m/l pistol thats a tough one .accuracy with a m/l pistol at a deer would be about 15 yds at best!!!due to a short barrel and sighting plain. :imo:i would not recommend useing a m/l pistol for deer ,rabbits different story ::

I have the Traditions KY pistol that I built from the kit. As was said I would limit shots to under 20 yrds if that far. Fun and easy kit to build, keep looking as I found mine at BPS for $95.00.

Have also been looking at the Traditions KY rifle kit, only thing holding me back is the split stock, it is not a complete full stock it is 2 piece with a brass divider. Also look around you can beat that $199 price. DGW has it for $179 I believe.

Waya :m2c:

I have the traditions kentucky percussion in 50 cal and its a roundball shooting marvel. I bought one for my son from santa and he is a good shooter with it. I have taken 4 deer with mine and have had only 2 missfires. Nothing fancy about it and its a great gun for the money plus the customer service is great and you can get parts anywhere. The only complaint i have is that it doesnt come in 54 caliber. :m2c:

[quote only thing holding me back is the split stock, it is not a complete full stock it is 2 piece with a brass divider. Also look around you can beat that $199 price. DGW has it for $179 I believe.

Waya :m2c: [/quote]

this gun here is a defrent one it has a solid stiock for the same price

St. Louis Hawken Rifle Kit
By- Traditions
A serious hunting rifle with classic styling and handling. Muzzleloading is a hands-on sport for many shooters, and one of the best ways possible to get a "real" hands-on experience is building a muzzleloader by hand. Uses a hooked breech for easy barrel removal, adjustable sights and an oversized trigger guard. Other additional features include: double set hunting trigger, brass patch box and thimbles, synthetic ramrod, complete assembly, shooting, loading and cleaning instructions. Kit includes: Unfinished hardwood stock, .50 cal. barrel 28" long with a 1 in 48" twist, double set triggers, adjustable/blade sights, synthetic ramrod, it is 44" overall in length and weighs 6 1/2 pounds.

St Louis Hawken - Percussion
.50 Caliber 53-524089
$199.00

i was looking into this one too if you go to[url] possibleshop.com[/url] you can see all of there guns and supplys oh yeah you guys could help me by giveing me the money :crackup: :crackup:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah you guys could help me by giveing me the money :crackup: :crackup:

Hey!!!!..... We were hope'n you could "lend" us some,.... we've already spent all our money on muzzleloaders!! ::

YMHS
rollingb

BWH,

I have never been a fan of the two piece stock, but it (they) are workable rifles... Have you looked at a Cabella's Traditional Hawken Rifle Kit? Price wise they are not too bad for what you get.

These are made by the same company that makes the Lyman muzzleloaders, Investarms... They are worth a look. They are built sound in my opinion. I have seen a lot of these carried at Rendezvous out here... They're good shooters' also! :thumbsup:

I've been considering a pistol kit. Doesn't sound like too bad a price to start out with. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back