• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Nova Scotia Canada....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldidig

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi folks, we're a family of black powder shooters from Nova Scotia, Canada. My wife, myself and one of our boys( age 14) all shoot blackpowder. I hunted whitetails last year using a Traditions inline and bagged my first blackpowder deer. Hope to do it again this year again, but with my .54 Hawken this time! Currently we have a .50 Traditions inline, a .54 Hawken cap, .50 Hawken cap and a .45 Hawken flintlock and we're looking to acquire a few more yet. Last weekend we attended our first ever blackpowder Rendezvous shoot and it was awesome. We're all hooked now! It's the most fun I have had ever after shooting and hunting my whole life.
Al

goldidig,
Welcome to the MLF.I would stay clear
of discussing or talking about I/L. :nono: But unless
you failed to read the rules of the forum,go
ahead.:hmm:
I am snake-eyes :(

Welcome from the south shore Goldidig, we probably talked last weekend asumming you were at the Blue Mountain shoot.
:wink: Snake-eyes.........don't worry about the @#$%&*%$# inlines; as soon as I figure out who he is I'll personnaly "slap his fingers"....... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Soggy

Hi Al and welcome. I would hope you change to ALL traditional front stuffers soon. At least you got started in the shooting sport at rendezvous!

:doh: Inlines. Ain't they those things that my grand kids ride around on. Sort of like roller skates bit different. How the he** did you kill a deer with one of those :rotf: :rotf: . Well I guess that we all go through a learning curve of some kind. Welcome to the best forum on the net. Don't be afraid, we'll help you to unlearn some of those bad habits. Visit often and contribute when you can. Good luck on your upcoming season and keep us posted( pics are a nice plus ). Vern

Welcome goldidig! glad ya found yer way here! no worries bout yer past ya already figgered out yer future...we know a couple of guys from yer neck of the woods,,they're okay,but ya gotta watch'em... visit often,,,an watch out fer dem "locals"! :haha:

oh geez here comes one now!

Hi
Im from Nova Scotia as well.Glad to have another Nova Scotian aboard.The black powder bug bites deep and one never ever really revovers from it.I just got word today that my custom Baker rifle is finishing up and I ll have it in my hands soon.
Jeff

Hey fellas, thanks for the welcome! Sorry I mentioned the "in***e word guys. I won't do it again. I promise! There's one good thing about the modern one, it got me started into blackpowder but now it's traditional all the way for me. Hey Soggy, If you were talking to a tall, moustached newbie in a ball cap with his wife and 14 year old son that showed up at the Blue Mountain event Saturday dinnertime and stayed till about 4:15, that was me. GRIN I met so many great folks that day! Incidentally, my 14 year old whipped my arse on that afternoon walk and shoot. I sure wish I had teeneage eyes again! LOL I just went out and bought the .50 cal Hawken yesterday. Now it's up to him and my wife to argue over who gets to use that one. Man! That Blue Mountain shoot was a real great time!

Goldidig,
Welcome aboard!
We've met on other forums and talked Muzzleloading.Welcome to this forum,the best place to talk traditional anywhere online.Keep your eyes on that Pop can fella!He can be quite a case.... :grin:

barbarossa said:
Hi
Im from Nova Scotia as well.Glad to have another Nova Scotian aboard.The black powder bug bites deep and one never ever really revovers from it.I just got word today that my custom Baker rifle is finishing up and I ll have it in my hands soon.
Jeff
Hey Barbossa,
Good to see another NSer on here!What part of the province you hail from?I live in Shelburne County.

goldidig said:
Hey Soggy, If you were talking to a tall, moustached newbie in a ball cap , that was me.

Gottcha! :thumbsup: .........I was the fellow that was range officer/scorer when you and your son shot the gongs on the line.
Soggy

Hi from another Nova Scotia member from Blue Mountain. We may have met also. (check avitar) Glad to hear you enjoyed the shoot :thumbsup: Welcome to the fourm, it's the best on the net, without question! :applause:

Welcome, Al! Don't worry about that inline comment. Lots of information available on this site, shooters a lot more knowledgable than I am, I've learned a lot. Friendly, too.

HI HALFTAIL

I spend the week in Dartmouth (work) and my
home is in Bridgewater.

I knew it!! :doh: All the good old boys come from the south shore, I lived my first 18 years next door in Lunenburg.

Silver Fox said:
I knew it!! :doh: All the good old boys come from the south shore, I lived my first 18 years next door in Lunenburg.
That's what I've spent the last number of years trying to tell everyone Silver Fox!! :grin:
BTW.....It's been so long since I've actually seen you Fox ...is that a "Tape on" Beard or the real thing? :wink: :rotf:

barbarossa said:
HI HALFTAIL

I spend the week in Dartmouth (work) and my
home is in Bridgewater.
I live a Hourand a half drive to the Westard of B-Water

No man, it's real. Just call me Santa Clause (two ex wives' lawyers thought I was) :rotf: :rotf: Good to hear from you old friend, sorry I missed you at the cannan shoot :(

Back