• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

History, stories , folklore & tales

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don`t know if any type of hc but the story was prettygood as was the cast.
Not too bad a good way to seprn a littlr time.

Blitz
Yeah, those older b movies are pretty good at passing time, I like ‘em. One thing I like is how insp has those new into the wild frontier series episodes , reminds me of those b movies but full of history.

Screenshot_2024-06-22-21-30-07-826.jpg

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/0...man-jim-bakers-sword-found-donated-to-museum/

Watching an entertaining old movie right now with Robert Taylor called Many Rivers to Cross. Kentucky mountain man type stuff, semi comedy, got a good shootin match driving nails, a humdinger knock down drag out with Taylor and Alan Hale Jr,, ( Gilligan's Island ), going to finish it up here in a few minutes.

Has anyone read The Long Rifle by Stewart Edward White? Printed in 1932. Reading it now, been kicking around here for years, so far a very good read.

Going to look for Sacred Ground. Its interesting that Tim McIntire is starring in it. He collaborated on the excellent sound track to Jeremiah Johnson!
I watched this movie over the last couple of days, found a VHS copy on ebay. Sort of a Jeremiah Johnson wannabe, but quite a watchable, enjoyable movie.
Great scenery filmed in Oregon.
I did note that the "Hawken" rifle he carried appeared to be a T/C Seneca all tacked up with geegaw, by its size, apparent light weight and the distinctive Seneca cheekpiece.

Latest posts

Back