• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hodgdons spit patch...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tralfae

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Found an old bottle of Hodgdons spit patch the other day buried in some of my past ML stuff. Went to the range and used it to lube my RB patches. Worked as good as 30 years ago. Anyone know whats in this stuff?

Interesting as I also cleaned out a jumbled shooting box and found a container of Hogdons Spit Patch in a plastic replica powder horn style container. The contents appear to be fine. It must have been purchased more than 25 years ago.It had never even been opened.

I have the same horn type container and a bottle of the stuff. I purchased the horn back in the mid 70's. Still good.

back when that stuff was made,they hired a bunch of south of the border folks to spit in 55 gallon drums and thats how they got the product and thats how the product got the name. Pretty gross really. :v

"spit in 55 gallon drums and thats how they got the product and thats how the product got the name"

Still made made in Mexico under the brand name, "Espéton"

Back