• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Homestead Inspired

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laney1566

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, A short while back Homestead posted pics of what I thought to be a great looking holster. Anyway...I had to give it a try and came up with my own. Slightly different, but inspired.
I used a mulefoot for the pattern and used Oxblood dye, white thread, brown suede for the lining and lots of edge-kote.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Oxblood02.jpg

Oxblood07.jpg

Oxblood04.jpg

These are showing off the lining. My first ever attempt at lining a holster BTW.
Oxblood06.jpg

Oxblood03.jpg

The edge-kote
Oxblood05.jpg

My baby in it's new home!!
Oxblood01.jpg

scalper said:
Beuuuutiful! do you take orders???
Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am just getting started. If I can get a little more time under my belt (which is hard considering I have a full time job)I would eventually like to produce a product worthy of sell. I don't even know how much to price leather products for.

Back