• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hornady Great Plains 385gr loads?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Track of the wolf has lined and dry felt wads, since the bullet is pre lubed what do you recommend?
If you really get involved look up Dura felt bulk/cheap/and a Harbor freight (again cheap) hole punch set $15.00 can punch out a multitude of sizes . Do you know for a 45 you want 50 /50 I use a 9/16 and then onto lubes ,I use Lewis's (secret lube) Ha If you like PM me if you want to try some /Ed

Attachments

• IMG_1357[1].JPG
    IMG_1357[1].JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1359[1].JPG
    IMG_1359[1].JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1360[1].JPG
    IMG_1360[1].JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1356[1].JPG
    IMG_1356[1].JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
If you really get involved look up Dura felt bulk/cheap/and a Harbor freight (again cheap) hole punch set $15.00 can punch out a multitude of sizes . Do you know for a 45 you want 50 /50 I use a 9/16 and then onto lubes ,I use Lewis's (secret lube) Ha If you like PM me if you want to try some /Ed
Two questions, what is the special lube?
Does vacuum sealing prevent the oxidation on the bullets?

Two questions, what is the special lube?
Does vacuum sealing prevent the oxidation on the bullets?
Look on the search on this site , you will find it . Sealing keeps lube/oxidation out and it's how I ship bullets or lube . Vacuum packed keeps lead from deforming when shipping . If I go to all the trouble of making them I don't want the shipper to damage them as that makes them useless other than heaving them back in the pot and once shipped that ain't happening . I have lubed some in the packs just to get you started /Ed

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll shoot you a PM.

Look on the search on this site , you will find it . Sealing keeps lube/oxidation out and it's how I ship bullets or lube . Vacuum packed keeps lead from deforming when shipping . If I go to all the trouble of making them I don't want the shipper to damage them as that makes them useless other than heaving them back in the pot and once shipped that ain't happening . I have lubed some in the packs just to get you started /Ed
Yay I found his NASA lube modification thread. I have some NASA lube on order. I will play with the mixture to get to where I want with a hunting bullet.

Latest posts

Back