• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do ya plan to get your Gobbler this Spring?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try for number 4 with my Bow. If that fails prob use a Trade rifle in .54 flint and a round ball. Won't be a very long shot. Larry

Going to try again this year with the .36 Tennessee flintlock: 40 grains 3f, .015 wonder-lubed patch and .360 ball. Calling with a Lynch wood paddle call from a natural ground blind.

Just got my draw in the mail, so I'm in. Like last year, will use my .62 cal Virginia smoothie with a load of #6's.

042713FirstTurkey_zpsd3b1d0b4.jpg

reddog97 said:
Same location and strategy as always for me, stalk the frozen food section at Meijer's.

I shot my first turkey last year. That really scared the hell out of everyone in the poultry section of Krogers. This year, I would like to try taking one with my new Pedrisoli SBS 20ga. It is bored IC & Mod. I plan on 1 1/2 oz of 4's over an equal volume of 3X Goex. Which barrel I use will depend upon how close he is. I would like to take one with my .32 cal Traditions Crockett, but, unfortunately only shotguns or bows are legal to use in Tennessee....Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Skychief said:
Crazy or not, you be at the ready to post a picture for a friend on the other side of the river! :hatsoff:
Just practicing.

I'm ready, Coach, send me in. :grin:

Spence

Spence,
I'm sane and "perfectly normal" as per the head shrinker last time my job required me to go get my head shrunk. And that was a professional's opinion too! :rotf:

Well the first part of the kansas season is archery only, so the plan is to start with the longbow. Then switch to the double barreled 12 ga CVA.

Lonegun1894 said:
Spence,
I'm sane and "perfectly normal" as per the head shrinker last time my job required me to go get my head shrunk. And that was a professional's opinion too! :rotf:
That may be a good sign, but, then again, they say doctors have to be crazy in the first place to specialize in psychiatry, so it may not. :haha:

Spence

I've never met a "shrink" that wasn't crazy.

A member of my wife's church was a psychiatrist and he wouldn't let his children wear shoes because "it would stifle their creativity." They went to school barefoot.

I finished a 12 guage flinter in September, and already shot a fall turkey with it. I'll use it this april in Southern Illinois and hopefully call in a gobbler this time. Might even have a second tag coming, if I'm lucky in the 3rd draw.

PA200445 by okawbow, on Flickr

Turkey season might be a bit slow here this year. I haven't seen a Turkey since the last of Nov. The Coyotes have a 12 month season. :( Larry

Same way I've been doin it for the last 36 yrs. Box,slate an wingbone for calls. I dont like or use blinds or decoys and for the gun it will be a 12 ga flintlock that I built a couple yrs ago. Shoots a great pattern with #4s. Just waiting on march 15th.

Latest posts

Back