• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you like your horns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like mine plain and simple. I've got a few in the works now for different powders and projects that will all be simple. But a guy I know that works at the local stock yard brought me a couple of buckets full of horns so I am thinking about maybe getting jiggy with one or two of them. I've seen some really well done horns so might as well give it a go. Will probably start getting fancy with salt and pepper horns. Then I don't screw up a whole horn if something goes amiss.

IMG_0281.jpeg

Found a nice $5 , eight inch early 1970 era horn in a flea mkt.. I added a 3/8 " curly maple slab to the flat pine butt plug , a new attachment staple , add a little engrailing , and affix it to the next shot pouch I make for a smooth rifle I'm working on. Always looking for cheap flea mkt. horn makins.

I enjoy the backcountry styled horns decorated with all sorts of folk art. While the professional pieces are really nice, I enjoy seeing what kind of designs the average person would scratch out given the chance. Here’s the horn I made and use.

Attachments

• A040FA54-8834-4365-BAFD-8A37D882E122.jpeg
    A040FA54-8834-4365-BAFD-8A37D882E122.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4435.jpeg
    IMG_4435.jpeg
    977.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4436.jpeg
    IMG_4436.jpeg
    857.5 KB · Views: 0
I enjoy all types that represent the styles and decoration of original horns. My shooting horn is F & I, hunting horn is smaller and simple. I also enjoy making them and reproducing designs from originals.

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
It seems more and more shooters are using paper cartridges these days. Would that mean brass flasks or powder horns are becoming strictly ornamental?

Back