• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many bears do you see.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sow and her cub.

:dunno: I sure think the bear in the 1st 3 photos is blockier then the Sow, I think it's at least the sow, cub, and one other. . . maybe two others but I feel purity sure that bear is a heavier shorter haired bear than the sow. Now it could well be me seeing what I WANT to see. . . (That's partly why I posted this thread) but I don't think so.

that berry picken bears vid reminds me of hunting in a creek bottom for moose just above Priest lake. sneaking down the south side of the creek, eating huckle berries with both hands, we see a big old red phase BB on the other side of the creek sitting on its fat butt eating huckleberries with both hands. we all, my cousin, the bear , and myself shared that patch for 10 minutes or so. my cousin and i named that bear Jabba the hut it was so spread out from those berries. that patch had pie filling every where in piles.
Jabba had been there quite a while. beautiful bear. our cinnamons here are a dark red.

BB0B31EA-C93D-4B98-BCED-4B9906FEA429.png

this young guy kept visiting nightly. Stood up at the back porch door and watched me through the window. Eventually he became destructive and a nuisance, which included pulling the little access door off the anti-vermin wooden mesh skirt around the house and eating the rat poison there. Then he attacked a new unopened jug of antifreeze on the porch, biting it and then lapping up the contents. He destroyed a neat bison skull on the porch. We never did see him again after he bit through the antifreeze bottle

I'll guess three!

A friend and I were sitting on the ground next to a tree just hoping to have a deer walk by. This was in WV. But instead an enormously fat bear walked by instead. Well, he noticed us and came and faced us just feet away. He satisfied himself we were humans and returned to his original quest. He was still there rolling over logs and boulders looking for insects when we left at dark.

I'll guess three!

A friend and I were sitting on the ground next to a tree just hoping to have a deer walk by. This was in WV. But instead an enormously fat bear walked by instead. Well, he noticed us and came and faced us just feet away. He satisfied himself we were humans and returned to his original quest. He was still there rolling over logs and boulders looking for insects when we left at dark.
We have had a sow & her cub(s) up in the tree behind the house on our property a few times. Actually had a young one walking on the wire roof of the chicken run.. Never bothered the chickens...he just layed there playing and eating the pinion nuts...never saw him after that.

Back