• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many of us cast lead

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutfingers said:
Just acquired a chunk of pure lead 9" by 7" by 4" and guess it wt. as about 250#. Need something like what you made in size "gigantic". Any ideas out there as to how to reduce this thing to manageable chunks?
I buy lead from a local scrap dealer and sometimes they are very large pieces. I use the propane burner for my turkey fryer and a large dutch oven. I then ladel it into the lyman ingot mold that makes 4 1 pound ingots at a time.
FYI....A large dutch oven will comfortably hold 100lbs of hot lead.

I have added some pics to my photobucket, sorry for the low winter light. I will add more when I have better lighting conditions. Boon :thumbsup:

A sawsall with the course blade should work well.I use my sawsall far more for cutting lead than wood.

Back