• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How old are ya?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im always curious about the average age here.

• 0 to 30

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • 30 to 50

Votes: 78 13.7%
  • 50 to 60

Votes: 98 17.2%
  • 60 to 70

Votes: 178 31.2%
  • 70+

Votes: 194 34.0%

• Total voters
65. My Dad bought me a CVA Kentucky rifle kit when I was 13. I didn't get around to putting it together until I was 17. When I say put it together, I mean I just slapped it together. No sanding, staining or bluing, no nothing. It looked terrible. It wasn't until about 10 years later I actually reassembled it properly and shot it.

Dang this thread gives me mixed feelings. We need some more young blood in this hobby, its great we have such knowledgeable and experienced people. I fear with only 18% being under 50 we are going to loose so much in not a long amount of time. I worry in 10 maybe 15 years we won't have many resources left.

I turn 55 shortly I got into Muzzle loading in 2008 (I was 38 then) 17 years and I have to say it has been educational the things that were taught over the years (wrong) and the "Correct" I am learning today. Muzzle loading I have to remain teachable and not get as set like concrete in what I was taught

Am 76. first got interested in BP in the late 60s, early 70s. Was right out of the army. Can't say modern muzzle loading was in its infancy, but where I lived in Oklahoma there wasn't much going on. My first encounter with BP was Brazilian made under hammer of very questionable quality. Fortunately, I came across an oldish' man that had a collection of original muzzleloaders and wasn't hesitant in sharing his guns or his knowledge of BP weaponry.

Back