• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kragluver

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just joined the forum the other night. I enjoy almost all aspects of shooting sports including rifle, pistol and shotgunning. I handload and cast my own. About 10 years ago, I built a Lyman GPR from a kit and have enjoyed muzzle loading ever since. Other than my one GPR, other rifles that I shoot include two M1917s (one is a sporter), a Krag, a Win M70 (.270), Enfield Mk4 No1*, a Marlin 336 in .30-30 and a Marlin 1895 in .45-70. I love military and US/Texas history as well and find that it dovetails with my interest in firearms. It looks like ya'll have a great forum here -- I look forward to reading and learning!

Welcome aboard! I make a habit of looking up new member's towns (if they list it) on Google Earth, to see what is interesting about where they live. You seem to be out there in the middle of nowhere, :rotf: between Ft. Worth and Weatherford (just kidding). How big is Aledo?

:hatsoff:

Welcome to the Forum, you're gonna have fun here with all the info and help these guys can give you on anything you want to know.

Take a look in the Public Events section on here and look for the TEXAS SHOOTING post to find a schedule for this years state championship shooting in Brady, Texas and also the Silhouette shoot coming up on the 26,27 in La Coste, Texas this month.

Check them out and come on down and have fun,

rabbit03

Hi and welcome to the forum. You will make many friends here as well as reading interesting topics.

Thank you for the kind welcomes. Aledo is indeed between Fort Worth and Weatherford in eastern Parker County. Parker County is one of the fastest growing areas in Texas right now. Aledo "officially" has a population of about 2,000 or so and the town itself is quite small (we just got a Sonic a couple years ago). However, SE Parker Co. probably has 20,000 people. Most folks have small acreages (1-10 or so)with some larger ranches interspersed; the area still has a "country" feel to it. I'm afraid that won't last much longer though at the rate we're growing.

Welcome aboard Kraglover and anuther big Texian howdy! :hatsoff: Ima Ft. Worth boy myself!

Davy

kragluver,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
Lots of Lone Star folks around here.Hope you will
visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Thanks for the info on your area of this fine country. You have a lot of company from Texas on this forum, so you won't be lonely.
:hatsoff: :hatsoff:

ANOTHER TEXAN !!!! Claude I'm not kidding we aren't planting MLing shooter seeds down here! :rotf: Happy to have another one of us on here. Just what part of T is you in, Im in NE, Tyler more or less. Fred :hatsoff:

Welcome to the camp from another Texas shooter. I'm from down in Waxahachie. You'll find a lot of useful information on this forum. But from the looks of your post we may be picking your brain, too! :hatsoff:

Back