• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hudson bay Blankets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 HB point blankets. Mice/chippies got into them and chewed them up a bit for nesting material. Useless for bedding now. Any ideas as to reuse or repurpose?
One is a white 4 point and the other is a green 3 point. Most of the destruction took place in the color band areas...šŸ˜” Really not happy...

How about using the green one to make leggings? Should be enough for several pairs - you could keep one pair & sell/barter the rest.

Could you get a rifle case out of one?

I have two that were gifted to my mother by her aunt and uncle many years ago. Her aunt and uncle ran an HB trading post in AK and gave her them and a few other items. I value them so highly that I can't bring myself to do anything with them. :rolleyes:

Could you get a rifle case out of one?

I have two that were gifted to my mother by her aunt and uncle many years ago. Her aunt and uncle ran an HB trading post in AK and gave her them and a few other items. I value them so highly that I can't bring myself to do anything with them. :rolleyes:
I'm thinking that's my best bet but also considering a simple vest

Many things were made from blankets or blanket material. My capote was made from one, ditto a rifle case, a sash to belt the
capote, A sleeveless long vest/weskit for days that are cool but not cold enough for a capote, leggins, mittens for really cold weather, even a scarf.

I've got a four point I've had for many years. I keep it in a plastic ziip up thing to keep out moths. Also got a Capote made from one. Without that pointy klan-looking hood which I cut off it is a very warm garment on cold autumn days. I dearly love those blankets. Remember Blanket Brigade? I bought a dark green pullover hunting shirt from them made from a HB blanket. Knee length and also very warm. All that stuff is put away in plastic because I live in FL now ((which a mountain boy can't tolerate, but I'm stuck.) One of these days I'm gonna put it up for sale. Someone ought to get the use out of them.

Back