• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting in the Big City

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The
Ten most
Populated cities in the
Country are

New York, Los Angeles, Chicago,
Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia,
San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas,
San Jose

How many of
You live in one of these
Big cities
And where do you
Hunt?

Jim in La Luz
šŸ˜Ž

Houstonā€¦..hunt in Rocksprings, TX, 5.5 hours west of Houston, or near Pineville, LA, 4 hours east of Houston. Grew up hunting near Trinity, TX. 1.5 hours north of Houstonā€¦.those woods are no longer woodsā€¦..

In and around Philadelphia local governments hire sharpshooters to reduce the deer population. Too many suicidal whitetail accidents. But no hunting allowed in most places. Not all that far north of the city, north of New Hope, young black bears are wading the Delaware river and starting to repopulate New Jersey. Coyote is as adaptable as raccoon, and they are everywhere. Hard to judge foxes. Smart old man once told me if you see one, there are ten. Hawks and eagles abound. Last summer had a hawk on foot chasing a rabbit in wife's garden.
Southern Lancaster county here. Lots of locals go upstate for deer season. If I still hunted could fill my limit sitting on the kitchen porch.

Last edited:
Minneapolis allows bow hunting in certain areas of the city to reduce deer.

I grew up hunting rabbits and squirrels in Chicago with a recurve bow and a BB gun. It was illegal but kids don't pay attention to that ... until they get caught.
Now there are deer there plus coyotes and a couple hundred thousand other vermin.

In and around Philadelphia local governments hire sharpshooters to reduce the deer population. Too many suicidal whitetail accidents. But no hunting allowed in most places. Not all that far north of the city, north of New Hope, young black bears are wading the Delaware river and starting to repopulate New Jersey. Coyote is as adaptable as raccoon, and they are everywhere. Hard to judge foxes. Smart old man once told me if you see one, there are ten. Hawks and eagles abound. Last summer had a hawk on foot chasing a rabbit in wife's garden.
Southern Lancaster county here. Lots of locals go upstate for deer season. If I still hunted could fill my limit sitting on the kitchen porch.
They have regulated hunts Ive taken part in near Philly for several years. We stack em up. Buckshot only.
It's fun, about like rabbit hunting, I just had this pic pop up in my memories just last week.
The city gets their deer numbers knocked back and us country boys make the 3 hr drive and gladly help them out with their deer problem!!

As to Lancaster county, my dad was born there, a lot of my distant family resides there. We have lots of Lancaster county folks and Amish come up our way come fall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-050515.png
    Screenshot_20211208-050515.png
    538.8 KB
Back