• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How old are ya?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im always curious about the average age here.

• 0 to 30

Votes: 23 3.9%
  • 30 to 50

Votes: 79 13.5%
  • 50 to 60

Votes: 101 17.3%
  • 60 to 70

Votes: 185 31.6%
  • 70+

Votes: 197 33.7%

• Total voters
I will be 69 in November. I shot my first firearm 64 years ago when I was 5. I started shooting muzzleloaders 55 years ago at the age of 14.
45 Underhammer H&A
58 Zouave
36 Kibler SMR
32 cap and ball revolver
58 H&R Huntsman

I’ll be 24 in about two months, and I’ve been muzzleloading for a little over 2 years now. I’m working on getting my brothers, friends, and girlfriend into the hobby as well. So far I’ve brought them to a few rendezvous, took them shooting, and introduced them to “Into the wild frontier” and a few books to hopefully spark in interest that eventually leads back to muzzleloading. Pictured is my girlfriend and I. IMG_5364.jpeg

I just turned 39 last week. I can’t remember a time that I wasn’t interested in muzzleloaders. My first was a sort of Kentucky pistol kit I found in our barn when I was 8 or so. I had lots of fun with it until the drum blew out the side while shooting it one day. My childhood heroes shot long rifles, and I wanted to emulate them. I wish more young people would take an interest in this hobby, but I just don’t see it happening. Children today think men are people who don’t know how to bend the brim on their ball cap and are afraid of loud noises. It’s pretty pathetic if you asked me.

Back