• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hunting licenses

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoochiepapa

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Went to the DOW website this morning, and I have drawn a bull elk ml license, a doe deer ml license, and a doe pronghorn ml license. All of those were not first choice. It will be a busy Sept.-Oct.

Had to happen to someone, so it might as well be you!

Congrats!

Now tell us which gun(s) will fit that spectrum!

As if you haven't given this a lot of thought already. :grin:

I am hoping to use the Edward Marshall (now transitional rifle) for these hunts. It's in .58, which I have no experience with, and it should be a lot of fun. Pronghorn does and muley does are probably the hardest to connect on, they are always skittish. And the pronghorns moreso, because for whatever reason there is a rifle season first.
Thanks

Swampy said:
Well, I for one am freakin jealous! :(
Don't be jealous, Swampy, start putting in for pronghorn, and, like I said, I will take you. Doesn't matter if I'm hunting or not. I only needed one preference point to draw pronghorn.
C'mon, bud, get with it!!
I can't promise a trophy, but I can promise we will see lots of animals. My wife and I were just out there last weekend, and saw quite a few animals and tracks.

Good for you Mike. You've passed the first hurdle. I still have a couple of weeks before I find out what, if anything, I drew out for. Good luck, Bill.

Not yet Mike, our drawing hasn't taken place yet. But, your question caused me to look at the info, and it seems the results will be available on June 8. Three days away! Not the two weeks I was thinking. AHHHH! I usually try my best to not think about it, so the date sneaks up on me without my knowledge. This keeps me from turning into a nervous mess.

Well, I see myself living the next three days as a nervous mess. :rotf: And yes, the results will be available on-line. Bill

Every time I see / hear about waiting to hear if someone got lucky to get a tag drawn I count my blessings for the good hunting I have available to me here in NC...granted, the largest game are only whitetails and black bears, but I'm lucky that there's no drawing for them.

Good luck on all hose hunts you got lined up
:thumbsup:

In my thinking it's about as good here as it can get. Deer and black bear are fine and the occasional elk gets taken here. I can only dream about what it must have been like two hundred years ago. At least now your scalp is safe.

Roundball and Hanshi, yes, we have a draw for what we hunt. But I wouldn't trade these Rocky Mountains and what is available to hunt here for anything. It's worth the wait, just ask Snowdragon.

There will be plenty of leftover tags available in August. Just get online with the Division of Wildlife with credit card in hand. No need to trade your deer tags.

Went to the DOW website this morning, and I have drawn a bull elk ml license, a doe deer ml license, and a doe pronghorn ml license. All of those were not first choice. It will be a busy Sept.-Oct.

You done good!

I put in for archery deer, rifle elk, rifle deer and rifle sheep. Got the deer tag! :thumbsup: Course where I applied I coulda just bought one as a left over too. :)

But, it's not so bleak, before the year is over I will probably have two deer tags, two elk tags, an antelope tag and maybe a bear tag. Just don't know where or when yet. :haha:

Good luck!
It doesn't seem as though there's any science to it anymore. I thought sure I'd draw in the regular rifle season, kinda hoping I would. The upside is that it will be warm.

Yeah, but that is an inexact science in some cases. For example, I put in for a hunt code that was 99% chance according to last years stats, but now this year stats show about the same number of apps but a reduction in licenses available.

But, you are correct, it's the only probability system we have to work with.

That's why I said put the odds in your favor.

I'll apply for a tag that made it the previous year as the 2nd pick, and make it my 1st pick.

Not hunting is not an option for me, so I don't take a risk. Worked out so far. :idunno:

Back