• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HUZZAH HUZZAH BUCKSKINNER HUZZAH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DECEMBER 12th?

Oh, now I know it's a conspiracy.

I mailed my check OCTOBER 29TH and I am still sitting here with my . . . panties in a knot.

I was hoping for the Premier Issue. Now I'm hoping I catch the end of Volume One of the bound historical editions.

What's the half-life of flint?

Stumpy, it's not a conspiracy...it's Karma

After all of the smack that you have talked about delays and my new camp name being Rip Van Winkle, Fate has decided that you should just wait ... and wait ... and wait while all of the nice,patient folks are reading their magazines and enjoying fine literature, humor, and excellent tips and information....

:blah: :blah: :blah:

But in all seriousness, you STILL haven't gotten yours? If you don't get it by tomorrow, you CALL me and I'll get another one in the mail to you....ok, call me AFTER your mail carrier gets there.

And the half-life of flint goes down if you cram[url] it.....in[/url] the fridge..... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

With all love and affection,

Stumblin

Last edited by a moderator:
Stumbuff - I got issue #2 today and it looks very nice. I'm also still waiting fer the pre-mirror issue.

Thanks, sse

Recieved the Dec/Jan issue today! :thumbsup: What an excellent magazine!!! :applause: :thumbsup: First thing tonight after the School Christmas Play, I'm a'heading to my reading room (gun room), kicking back with some coffee and reading it cover to cover! :thumbsup:

Ok...the mailman...came...he brought....he slinked away.... :shocking: (Never knows what he is bringing to me) sometimes is seems alive...... :eek:

Well, the "Buckskinner" arivied to sunny? Fl. today. Opening the envelope....Please!!! OH>>>>Gawd!!!! :eek: :eek: does that cover look COLD!!! :shocking:

What a wonderful grouping of tipis in winter camp....for the rest of you....who have not ordered or gotten yours... :blah: :blah:...

Now, I will retire to the warm living room to anxiously read my first edition. ::

Tell you about it later....I am busy now :haha: :eek: :blah: :hmm:

tipis

take a good look at the cover pic ,,, whats missing in that picture LMAO , my wife just pointed it out to me LMAO
great read once again

Where there ain't no smoke there's . . . Man, them things is the new 98.3% high efficiency tipis.

Waal, watch out for the pale rider named "Death" on the pale horse with Hades was following close behind him. The other three seals must have been broken because MY MAGAZINE HAS ARRIVVED! It seems to have been worth the wait . . . but I'm reading it slowly to savor it.

Good thing your copy department has their stuff together. I'm pretty sure the circulation dept has been lickin too many stamps.

Kudos on a fine magazine. Now that I've actually SEEN one I can spread the good word. ::

Um, this is embarassing, but how much is a subscription? Is there a website that has the info? Anyone want to sponsor me? ;-)

Allllllll right....what a pleasant surprise. Reminds me of the Old....Buckskinn Report. :redthumb: :redthumb:

Has to read it two times over and wish for more. Definitly worth the price. I will send in for a bigger subscription when my new one expires. Will also get photos and article of the Alafia Rend. to him when the event is over. So, for all you Fla. peoople....smile....I will be limping around taking your pictures. Take pitty on a poor little ole lady asking your name, where from and what are you doing here little boy??? :shocking: :shocking:

As for the front cover...Reese tipis did a nice job on the set up. These were not really lived in, but for a photo shoot on one of his CDs. If you do not have Reese tipis screen saver...you need to get one. Had one at school and couldn't keep the other teachers off my computer. :what:

As for what is missing....I would say a lot of fire wood and the covers need to be ALL the way to the bottom. But, other than that....what would you say is missing??? Really curiuos.::

As for what is missing....I would say a lot of fire wood and the covers need to be ALL the way to the bottom. But, other than that....what would you say is missing??? Really curiuos.
===========================================================

well dont get me wrong , i like the picture BUTTTT lmao a couple things
first either this is a poor village or they just dont have any liners.
second . i have set our lodge up in the winter without a liner to hunt in, but a couple points , you better not be sleeping on the ground or your going to be mighty cold . also it doesn

I just wanted to comment on the excellent service and timely turnaround time on the subscription...I ordered mine online on the 22nd and received my Dec/Jan edition on Friday the 24th!!!! Amazing!!! I have almost devoured the entire pub front to back and cannot wait for the backordered??? Premier Edition that was sold out already.

I look forward to many more issues and wish you much luck and success with this excellent magazine. Being a neophyte in this realm and not know my head from my....well you know...on this PC and blackpowder stuff...I wfeel this magazine will be a huge asset to those of us who don;t even know what questions to ask yet when it comes to getting involved in this exciting adventure.

Regards,

Lee Slikkers
Holland, MI

I look forward to many more issues and wish you much luck and success with this excellent magazine. Being a neophyte in this realm and not know my head from my....well you know...on this PC and blackpowder stuff...I wfeel this magazine will be a huge asset to those of us who don;t even know what questions to ask yet when it comes to getting involved in this exciting adventure.

Regards,

Lee Slikkers
Holland, MI

Lee, that's great to hear! You're exactly the kind of person that we're looking for and hoping to help. One of our major goals at Buckskinner is to help new folks get into this and perpetuate our Black Powder traditions. Glad that we can be that for you.

Do you think that I could quote you in the magazine?

YMHS,

Stumblin Buffler

Stumblin Buffler,

if you choose to quote my broken english and poor grammer in your great pub more power to ya...just make sure I get a copy of the back ordered 1st issue as payment :haha:

The only issue I am facing now is whether to purchase a kit or buy a completed gun or and whether to choose a flintlock (my heart's desire) or a trusty and proclaimed easier 1st timer percussion cap gun....choices choices....ahhh the pain of a an obsession~

Lee

P.S. If there is anyone within 2-3 hrs driving distance from Holland, MI with BP flitlock expeerience who has a burning desire to share his passion I'd be eternally grateful for the help.

Lee - There is also a listing of clubs in the most recent "Buckskinner" and quite a few in Michigan and a few on the west side of the state. While back I was in the same boat and all it took was a few phone calls. After that I saw there is quite a "subculture" of buckskinners and an amazing network. Bottom line, they are everywhere. :D

Regards, sse

Mant thanks SSE, I did take a gander at those listings....the only bad thing is most of them are on the east side of the state...nothing that can't be delt with but not as convienient as having a Club withing 30 miles.

No Deer ( from Lansing) was kind enough to step up to the plate and offer to give me a tour/demo when I can make time for it...hard to beat that and it just goes to show the caliber of folks that frequent the forum. Almost like family except you can tolorate them :haha:

Lee

Latest posts

Back