• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got a surprise this weekend!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protrucker

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was deer hunting on a brushy side hill watching a brush patch. I had caught a movement in the brush & finally spotted a deer tail twitching. After a short time I was able to see the buck working over the brush with his antlers, but couldn't get a clear look at him. He was about 100 yards away & in the brush. He eventually disappeared. I continued watching the area hoping to see him again, but I also kept scanning the entire area around me. About a half hour later I caught a movement to my left about 20 yards away. When I looked I was totally surprised to see what was there. In a matter of about 10-15 seconds it had moved from slightly up & behind me on my left down & across in front of me about 10 yards away. I didn't have much time, but I automatically cocked the hammer & raised my rifle as it the animal passed in front of me. It hesitated just long enough for me to get the sights on it & I squeezed the trigger. She jumped to the right, turned & looked for what had hit it, then crashed down into the brush in front of me. I reloaded & tracked it for about 75-100 yards, to where I found it nose down in the snow.
I've seen bobcat tracks around where I live, but never actually seen one in the woods before. Two years ago I joined a hunting club that has leases in part of the state where there is a large enough population to have a season. I never really thought about having the opportunity to get one though.
This has really been a great hunting season! :grin:

Bobcat.jpg

Nice! Congrats! :thumbsup:
Called a big Tom in a couple years ago while Coyote Hunting.
No season here in Ct., but it was cool to watch.

Very nice indeed, congrats to you. We had a ton of them down in South Florida when my wife and I was there in the early 80"s. She killed one with a small caliber Subaru!

Very nice!

I've seen tons of them in the woods but never pulled the trigger on one.

:thumbsup:

HD

Cool. :thumbsup:

I've never seen a wild one. We're supposed to have a very few around here. We're supposed to report 'em if we see 'em during deer season.

In PA there's a drawing for tags and only about half or a little more of the state is open to hunting or trapping. I saw one once in a no hunting zone. Fascinating!

Mtn. Rifle

Hello from Germany,

Waidmanns Heil to this nice cat. Here in Germany we are not allowed to hunt at any kind of wild cats neither lynx nor wildcat. What sort is the bobcat?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congrats and what a trophy!! I love to see baobcats down. Not many people get to take a great cat. Good shooting.

Nice Cat. I have seen one in Southern Ind. but the landowner wants to let them go so maybe we can get a few more of them. So is that a full mount you are haveing done on that. And then we want to see pic's

Bald Mtn Man said:
Thanks all.
It's definitely going to be a full mount.

That is a beautful cat :bow: :bow: , Ya ever thought about making a skull cap to keep that hairless knob of yours warm :haha:
I got a buddy who make beautful hats, you would get more use out of that way, just a thought.
A full mount over your hearth would be sweet as well.
:hatsoff:
thats an ausom pic by the way, what is your dye combo on hunting frock?

Back