• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have a .45 cal Hawken Rifle Kit still in its box receipt says december of 1976.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just how old is this? The really early ones did not have finished barrels - they needed to be draw filed to smooth them. Do your instructions give details on doing this or is the barrel nice and smooth? Might make a difference in the value.

With the exception of being a 50 cal, I acquired the same TC Hawken kit, in 1978! . I shot my ML first buck that same year…45 years later, it still looks great, and shoots/functions flawlessly….I’ll pass it on to my grandson…..Build it, and use it, or sell it to someone that will.
0A0C6EB5-D761-4E43-81F7-12AAD3502BFB.jpeg

There is a market for them but they are not higly desirable like an old original. the year 1976 was when the ml game and TC 'hawken' sales really began to skyrocket. Those early models often had serious issues. Do check the breech for gaps. If it does, that barrel needs to be scraped and replaced with a current made replacement. Sadly, that would cut the kit value to near zip.

Back