• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have to rethink the spare cylinder idea

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd probably be devastated then watching the History Channel when they show reenactments of historical events. Once saw a cap lock rifle in an event that happened before the era of cap locks. Saw a match lock being used in a modern-day event. One saw an episode about the OK Corral shoot out. The Earp Bros. were using C&B revolvers. Saw an M1 Garrand being used in Viet-Nam. You get the idea. Think sometimes to those doing these reenactments a gun is a gun regardless of period correctness.
To be fair, plenty of M1's were used in Viet Nam by ARVN troops and CIDG irregulars.

Also, it's not outsidethe realm of possibility for a C&B cartridge conversion to have been used at the OK corral.

Why they are called movies it aint real.
Well, i guess it is just semantics, but being unreal is not actually why they are called movies even though they are in fact unreal. I think the term movie came about when the industry first made pictures that moved. Uh oh, I'm getting way off topic and far away from muzzleloaders.

Get on a horse and try to do that and get back to reality..the cylinder swap deal is all hollyweard vs then swap? hello extra guns.

No horse to practice on sadly. Maybe I should bust out the unicycle. :D

Did a little looking for videos of cylinder swaps. Turns out my swap speed is even slower than I thought. Makes sense, I haven't practiced for it.

Now, you're not gonna do that on a horse, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if an experienced horseman could come close to something like my time. Not saying it actually happened, but claiming it's unrealistic or extremely difficult is a bit of stretch.

You'd probably be devastated then watching the History Channel when they show reenactments of historical events. Once saw a cap lock rifle in an event that happened before the era of cap locks. Saw a match lock being used in a modern-day event. One saw an episode about the OK Corral shoot out. The Earp Bros. were using C&B revolvers. Saw an M1 Garrand being used in Viet-Nam. You get the idea. Think sometimes to those doing these reenactments a gun is a gun regardless of period correctness.
Evidence of how we all have made the grave mistake of believing that the "media" knows what it is talking about.

To be fair, plenty of M1's were used in Viet Nam by ARVN troops and CIDG irregulars.

Also, it's not outsidethe realm of possibility for a C&B cartridge conversion to have been used at the OK corral.
Saw M1-M2 carbines. In fact, I carried and M2. Full size Garands, NOPE! Was all over that country, trucking supplies and such, for a while working a TMP. In fact, in one Montagnard village, saw a match lock rifle. As for C&B at the OK Corral, C&B would have probably still been around, but in this clip. the caps were clearly visible on the nipples. Even by that time, rim-fire cartridges were becoming a rarity with just a few 'old' .44 Henery's around.

Saw M1-M2 carbines. In fact, I carried and M2. Full size Garands, NOPE! Was all over that country, trucking supplies and such, for a while working a TMP. In fact, in one Montagnard village, saw a match lock rifle. As for C&B at the OK Corral, C&B would have probably still been around, but in this clip. the caps were clearly visible on the nipples. Even by that time, rim-fire cartridges were becoming a rarity with just a few 'old' .44 Henery's around.
tumblr_ovcsbf9hdO1qivon6o1_500.jpg

Understood about the caps. I agree that would have been long gone.

Back