• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have to rethink the spare cylinder idea

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd probably be devastated then watching the History Channel when they show reenactments of historical events. Once saw a cap lock rifle in an event that happened before the era of cap locks. Saw a match lock being used in a modern-day event. One saw an episode about the OK Corral shoot out. The Earp Bros. were using C&B revolvers. Saw an M1 Garrand being used in Viet-Nam. You get the idea. Think sometimes to those doing these reenactments a gun is a gun regardless of period correctness.
To be fair, plenty of M1's were used in Viet Nam by ARVN troops and CIDG irregulars.

Also, it's not outsidethe realm of possibility for a C&B cartridge conversion to have been used at the OK corral.

Why they are called movies it aint real.
Well, i guess it is just semantics, but being unreal is not actually why they are called movies even though they are in fact unreal. I think the term movie came about when the industry first made pictures that moved. Uh oh, I'm getting way off topic and far away from muzzleloaders.

Get on a horse and try to do that and get back to reality..the cylinder swap deal is all hollyweard vs then swap? hello extra guns.

No horse to practice on sadly. Maybe I should bust out the unicycle. :D

Did a little looking for videos of cylinder swaps. Turns out my swap speed is even slower than I thought. Makes sense, I haven't practiced for it.

Now, you're not gonna do that on a horse, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if an experienced horseman could come close to something like my time. Not saying it actually happened, but claiming it's unrealistic or extremely difficult is a bit of stretch.

You'd probably be devastated then watching the History Channel when they show reenactments of historical events. Once saw a cap lock rifle in an event that happened before the era of cap locks. Saw a match lock being used in a modern-day event. One saw an episode about the OK Corral shoot out. The Earp Bros. were using C&B revolvers. Saw an M1 Garrand being used in Viet-Nam. You get the idea. Think sometimes to those doing these reenactments a gun is a gun regardless of period correctness.
Evidence of how we all have made the grave mistake of believing that the "media" knows what it is talking about.

Back