• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I haven't had a very good deer season........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little update here....

I was in the woods again on the last Saturday of the PA flintlock season trying to fill my last doe tag. I worked my way in around a swamp to a wooded area where I usually see deer. As soon as I got there, I spotted movement. I'm not even sure how many deer there were. There were deer everywhere! They were far enough away that I had to wait for a shot. I stood by a deadfall that would serve as an excellent shooting rest. My hunting buddy was in the same piece of woods, but probably 1/4 to 3/8 of a mile away. I called him on the radio to let him know that there were lot's of deer here. The deer had been browsing down in front of me in kind of bowl in the terrain. After waiting probably 20 minutes, I was finally offered a shot. My .54 went off flawlessly & when the smoke cleared enough to see, I saw that the deer had gone straight down in a heap. I reloaded while keeping an eye on the deer. It was moving aroung a little bit, but not going anywhere. By the time I was reloaded the deer had stopped all movement. Since my there were so many deer in the area & buddy wasn't too far away trying to fill a tag, I just sat back down. About ten minutes later I decided to go down to the deer that I had shot. I stood up & only took a step or two when I spotted movement to my left. There were two more deer right there 10 yards from where I had been sitting, but I hadn't seen them because of the shape of the terrain! Boy....some days the deer just won't leave you alone! :wink:

The last day that I would be able to hunt this season & I filled my last tag.....
I guess I did have a pretty good season after all. :thumbsup:

Right on my black powder brother form another muther!!!!!!!!! I think your advanced age has something to do with your ability to kill deer, just a quess on my part. :bow: Leebone

Back