• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I just joined the Crockett fraternaty.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittsburghunter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Yup just bought one today my birthday was yesterday and my wife and kids gave me $200 towards it and I chucked in the rest. I went to "The Gun Works" site that is in the links forum here and I must tell you I am in love with the store already. The rifle and all the things I need to shoot and clean it plus 300 rounds of ammo set me back only $322 before shipping.

I really can't wait for the thing to arrive. I have handled the gun this summer and have wanted one ever since. This thing is a true bridge gun bringing small game into the picture. I just never felt right carrying a .22 in the woods. This is a real rifle. :)

A belated Happy Birthday, Pittsburghhunter! I saw a Crockett .32 at the range once and it looks like one sweet little squirrel rifle. :D Bet it will be fun for small game and target shooting too....Enjoy :front:

HellPittsburghunter
Say...I have never seen one? Pics? discription?
Best regards Loyalist Dawg :hatsoff:

You are gonn LOVE it ! Had mine bout a month now and definetly NO complaints. Shoots reaaly nice 1" groups at 30 yds with anywhere between 12-30 gr FFF. Really cracks at 30 gr FFF. Sounds like a .22 mag. and kicks a little too!
let us know how much more ya like it after you take it out to shoot! vERY GOOD CHOICE of a rifle....fer sure.

****WV SCROUNGER ***

Same here. I've had my Crockett for about two months, and it would take an army to get her away from me. She's a sweet shooter. I'm using 25 gr. of FFFg., with a .311 PRB, and she'll cut a nice hole at 30 yds.

will my standard pillowticking with moosemilk work fine in this rifle with .310 balls?

I also bought some .315 balls and I have some extremely fine weaved 100% cotton hypo-alergenic cotton pillow covers. I bought that to try .495 balls in my .50 cal rifles. Any one ever use material that small but dense?

For target work, the wife uses a .320 ball with teflon patching. At a match, the first coupla' shots makes other people raise an eyebrow because it cracks sharply with 27 grains of 3f. I use .315 balls and spit patch when squirrel hunting with it. Just last week, I shot one that was facing me and knawing on a black walnut. I hit the walnut, couldn't find the head either! Whata' rifle!!

Back