• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I killed a few ducks the other day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayJ

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been duck hunting several times this season with my Pedersoli 12ga sxs.It has screw-in chokes and I have a mod on one side and a full on the other.I killed three ducks the other day.Two were long shots and one was at least a 50 yard shot.I was very pleasantly surprised.I'm using #4 ITX shot 1 and 1/4 oz with slightly less Goex by volume.I was hunting with a buddy using a modern pump shotgun.We killed four.I killed three of them.That is the most yet for me in a single day.I've killed two a few times but never three.Don't let anyone tell you that you are handicapped with a ML shotgun.I wanted to post a pic but it said to enter a url.What is that?

Well done!
Just getting ready to put bacon wrapped duck on the grill for the family! Late Christmas get together.
I have found using" black powder" the secret is... call them in close and hit them hard.
Prefer Hevi-shot glad to hear the ITX is doing the job.
Happy hunting....Dan

Ray Johnson said:
...using #4 ITX shot 1 and 1/4 oz with slightly less Goex by volume....

I'm sure hooked on 1 1/4 oz of ITX #4 for ducks too. Kinda funny looking, but it sure patterns well and kills well.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Ray Johnson said:
I wanted to post a pic but it said to enter a url.What is that?

You have to have your pictures uploaded to a photo hosting website like Flickr or Photobucket. Once uploaded, you can copy the image URL (IMG) and paste it into your post. When you save your post it captures the picture from the photo hosting site.

Congrats on some fine wing shooting! :hatsoff:

Back